LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Monday, December 11, 2006

Gayla tagged me

Christmas Meme
My friend, Gayla tagged me for this meme, and I'm quite excited as I haven't done one in the longest...

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Never had Egg nog. Chocolate, I guess

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I like those little pre-decorated bags. You just shove the gift in and you're good to go.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? My idea of a one foot tall, pre-decorated tree got nixed. I'm still sore about that, @#$%^&*()_+_)(*&^%$#@ !

4. Do you hang mistletoe? A what?

5. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Squid on top of macarone and sauce. I am half Italian on my mother's side.

6. Favorite holiday memory as a child: From my earliest memories right on through early adult-hood. All were GREAT!

7. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My dad broke the news after a lengthy Q/A session. I was about 7 years old.

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My older children still do...

9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? If it shines, it hangs.

10. Snow! Love it or dread it? This is Rochester. "nuf said.

12. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Getting them over with. I do like the time off from work though.

13. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Never heard of such a thing.

14. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Never thought of one.


15. What tops your tree? A star - what else!?

16. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? It's a tie.


17. What is your favorite Christmas song? Secular: Nat King Cole"s "White Christmas". Sacred: "O Holy Night".

18. Candy canes: No thank you.

19. Favorite Christmas movie? Actually, it's only a half hour special: Charlie Brown Christmas

9 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

I hope I did not share too much information here.

Do ya still respect me?

December 11, 2006 8:40 AM

 
Blogger Rose~ said...

I liked your answer to the giving/receiving question.

December 11, 2006 10:09 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Mommy to be, pt.4 - I hope you are comfortable and doing well in these last days before wee-one comes along.

December 11, 2006 12:10 PM

 
Blogger Bhedr said...

> What tops your tree? A star - what else!?<

Phew I feel a little relieved that its not a diamond plated silver statue of Spurgeon.

Oh no I just gave you an idea for next year:-)

December 11, 2006 9:21 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

"Phew I feel a little relieved that its not a diamond plated silver statue of Spurgeon."

He is the "star".

December 12, 2006 6:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, can I just say...you're such a man! (that's a good thing, though)

Thanks for playing along, and please...develop some Christmas traditions, 'k?

:)

December 12, 2006 10:04 AM

 
Blogger jel said...

Merry Christmas Mark!

December 13, 2006 2:20 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Egg Nog is a bit like Advocaat- It is a horrible alcoholic drink that tastes like custard.

December 16, 2006 10:53 AM

 
Blogger jel said...

Eggnog, without the alcohol, is much better :) to me anyway!

December 16, 2006 7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home