LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Monday, July 16, 2007

J. Vernon McGee on Ephesians 1:4b

" that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love"

God chose us in order to sanctify us. He saves us and He sanctifies us that we might be holy. That's the positive side of His purpose. It has to do with the inner life of the believer. A holy life is demanded by God's election. Now don't tell me that you can say, " Well, I'm one of the elected. I have been saved by grace, and now I can do as I please." Paul answered that kind of reasoning. "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" (Romans 6:1-2). You can't use grace as a license to sin, my friend. If you go on living in sin, it is because you are a sinner who hasn't been saved. Sinners who have been saved will show a change in their way of living.

Page 28, second paragraph down in the soft cover edition.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Rose~ said...

He said a lot of things like that. I even posted a little article by him here with the same flavor.

I get this part of what he says: You can't use grace as a license to sin, my friend.
However, I don't really appreciate the sentence that follows because I think he takes it farther than the apostle did in Romans 6:1-2, which he cites. But ... I love the man anyway.

Either way, I don't want to go on sinning that grace may abound. Do you?
I didn't think so. ;~)

July 16, 2007 8:31 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

"I don't want to go on sinning that grace may abound. Do you?"

Sounds like genuine regeneration to me.

July 16, 2007 10:06 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Teammates:

Cristina's dad is not well. Please pray, especially for his salvation.

Cristina has agreed to post here tomorrow. Please leave her space to do so. Thank you.

July 16, 2007 10:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,
Thank you for the update.
Cristina,
You and your dad are in my prayers throughout the day today.

July 16, 2007 11:42 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

May the Lord comfort and bless you, Cristina!

July 16, 2007 1:40 PM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Thank you for your prayers. I just got back from the hospitla. My dad had more pains this morning, the doctors are going to work with his medications, to make it more comfortable for him. I don't know what days ahead will bring.Could you please pray for a chance to get my dad alone for awhile, so that I can talk to him. My son Matthew and I are going up tomorrow night a little later, so I hoping to get a chance.

Thank you again.

Cristina

July 16, 2007 9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home