LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Which Is The Greater Weight?

I am contemplating what happened at Gethsemane. So when I talk about my suffering or what ever trials I may have in my life, it's my Saviour's suffering on my behalf that I am more aware of than any adversity I may be experiencing. I am also aware that because of the Saviour's unique suffering for me on the cross, I can derive indescribable comfort from Him. And what I am finding is that God can put a new song in my heart that's ultimately for His glory and praise.

I read this today in a book by C. J. Mahaney ...

"In your own times of severe distress, which are you more aware of - your suffering or your salvation? What the Puritan Thomas Watson recognized will always be true for us: "Your sufferings are not so great as your sins: Put these two in the balance, and see which weighs heaviest." We can rejoice in our salvation even amid great affliction when we recognize how much worse we deserve because of our sins."

So tell me now which is the greater weight you would want to bear?

James
Resting in Him

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will never be a weight greater than our sin - nor a Person able to carry it than our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.

October 28, 2007 3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home