LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Friday, December 02, 2005

SHILOH part 2

And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, " Peace to you!" John 20:26

What a glorious and loving greeting! This wonderful and gracious extension of peace comes from the very lips of the One Who only a short time earlier uttered the words ''It is finished!'' He is the One Who was ''wounded for our transgressions, ..Bruised for our iniquities''. He is the One that lovingly took the wrath of God the Father upon Himself in order that we could have peace with God- peace not wrath. He willingly offered Himself as a substitute, experiencing God's full fury upon our sins, while hanging on that cross. The Father expended His great anger upon His own Son so that THE way to approach Him would be opened. The way of peace with God was procured by a loving Savior. The proof that the Father had accepted His subtitutionary sacrifice was that He rose Jesus from the dead three days later.

There He stood, The risen Savior, Victorious over sin and death, The Prince of Peace... Shiloh.

There He stood, the very expression of The Father's heart for all of mankind to see.

Through Him the Father is saying to the world, ''Look to my Son, take refuge in Him. I do not take pleasure in the death of the wicked! Why die while at war with me? Through My Son, you can have peace with Me''.

''... We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God''. Romans 5:1-2

God's wrath is coming to this earth. He will judge this world for having not lived in obedience to His word- especially His word as it has come from the very lips of Jesus Himself. God has spoken to the world in these last days through His Son. To reject what Jesus has taught is to plug your ears to the Only One through Whom the Father speaks to the world. The Son is the Father's mouth-piece. For those who would not listen to Jesus- Wrath.

It is man's nature to disobey God. Man is hostile to God. Man is at war with God.

And yet...

''But God demonstrats His own love towards us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.'' Romans 5:8

For those of you who would look to Jesus to save you from your sins and the coming wrath I have good news...

As you look to Him, you will find Him looking right back at you, right in your very eyes, and saying ''I died for you... Peace be to you!''

36 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Very well put!

Thank you!

December 02, 2005 2:53 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Amen.

December 03, 2005 5:48 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Joe, You are a wise older brother in Christ. I respect you very much!

Matthew, So you are a pre-mill, post triber? So am I! See, we can agree on some things! How is it that you are post-Trib if you are studying J.N.Darby?

December 04, 2005 8:46 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 04, 2005 8:52 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I am studying Darby's doctrine of the Church rather than his eschatology.

Despite being Post-Trib, I am pretty Dispensational. I would like to be able to accept Pre-Tribberry, but I just dont buy their arguement, much as I love the Dispensational system.

God Bless

December 04, 2005 3:40 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Matthew,

I love your honesty. You seem to me to be a man of integrity. I respect that.

Thank you for answering my question.

My wife and I attended a Plymouth Brethren church for a while back in the late '80s. Surprisingly, there were actually Calvinists there as well.

Go figure.

Thank you for your friendship.

I owe you a big apology for getting angry with you on Rose's blog a few months ago. I am truely sorry. Please forgive me. I was wrong to do that.

December 04, 2005 5:17 PM

 
Blogger forgiven said...

Jesus love Us this I know.. Assume pal
God Bless You

December 04, 2005 9:53 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said...

I love the fact that you are a straight shooter. Keep up the good work.

December 04, 2005 9:59 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Douglas, Jonathan,

I am deeply honored that you stopped by! Thank you so very much.

December 04, 2005 10:40 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Your forgiven.

Most of the early Brethren and all Exclusive Brethren divisions are moderate Calvinists. They held to a Calvinist view of election, though they rejected limited atonement (but Darby was not far off, holding that Christ only bore the sins of the elect, though He died for the world) and the imputed righteousness of Christ.

Every Blessing in Christ

December 05, 2005 3:26 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 05, 2005 10:37 AM

 
Blogger Paul Lamey said...

Mark,

Greetings. Can you tell me where you attend church in Rochester? I'm a pastor in Alabama with one of my member's family looking for a church in that area. Feel free to leave a comment on my blog if you have some good info.

Thanks,
Paul Lamey

December 05, 2005 5:20 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Pastor Paul,
I attend church at Evangelical Church of Fairport, 38 East Church St. Fairport, NY 14450

Phone (585)223-0229
Pastor Reid Ferguson

December 05, 2005 11:58 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Jonathan G,
I am honored that you stopped by. Please do come again!

Mark D. Pierson

December 06, 2005 12:02 AM

 
Blogger Paul Lamey said...

Thanks Mark for the church info. Blessings to you.

December 06, 2005 12:49 AM

 
Blogger forgiven said...

Mark go see Jonathan G .. post we talked about it.Good post

Thanks Pal

December 06, 2005 10:20 AM

 
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

Keep up the good work, Mark.

December 06, 2005 10:36 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Jeremy,

You have no idea how much I look up to you. I am honored that you stopped by. Thank you!

December 06, 2005 10:40 AM

 
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

I read all of your posts Mark.
I only speak to let you know that I am there. Didn't Francis Schaeffer right a book about that?

December 06, 2005 4:18 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Jeremy,

I am both humbled and honored that you read here at all. Thank you so much.

I am yet to read Schaeffer.I am currently in a re- read of "THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JESUS". This on top of trying to read cover to cover Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology. On top of that I am working my way through Philip Schaff's 8 vol. set of Church History. I have much catching up to do.

December 07, 2005 6:26 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Pastor Reid,
Christ-centered messages...I learned that from you!!!

May Christ be glorified!!!!

December 07, 2005 12:01 PM

 
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

I'm excited to hear you're reading Church History. And Grudem's is probably the most enjoyable and worshipful Systematic Theology.
Theology for Doxology if you will.

December 07, 2005 4:18 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Dox,
I have also read "NEW COVENANT THEOLOGY" by Tom Wells and Fred Zaspel. Couldn't find anything to disagree with in it.

December 08, 2005 6:39 AM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

Blue Collar,

Have you read Gospel According to the Apostles. That one was better for me...

Well anyway I don't know why I don't own Wayne Grudem's systematic. Is there an online version for us cheap folks????

That's what I love about Piper's books and puritans I can read them all online, but there is nothing like a regular book

December 09, 2005 3:42 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Shawn,

I was hoping that one day you would stop by here. I am glad you did.

I am completely computer illiterate, so I can not answer your question. Sorry.

Please come again!

December 10, 2005 12:14 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Do you guys not think Grudem is a bit Charismatic? Maybe I should say very Charismatic.

God Bless

December 10, 2005 2:06 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

Matthew,
Grudem's systematic is the best I think. What I like is there is even a shorter version called "Bible Doctrine". He's readable for everyone...


Bluecollar,

Here's the website to read John Piper Books online if you are like me and don't want to spend the money......

http://www.desiringgod.org/library/onlinebooks_index.html


The christian owned christian publishing companies are rapidly going away thankfully Crossway books is still around. They are the blessing that came out with the ESV I believe.

December 10, 2005 4:40 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

bluecollar,

instead go onto the desiringgod.org website and search for free online books.

December 10, 2005 4:41 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Matthew,
I am a charismatic,and have been since day one. Thanks for your imput. I like your visits.

Shawn,
Thank you for your book recommendations. Now if only I can figure out how use those on- line books. I am a dummy with computers.

December 11, 2005 12:29 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I got Grudem when I was an undergraduate theology student, back in 1999. I was Charismatic back then. My theology has shifted a bit since then, but I have never accepted Calvinism.

God Bless

Matthew

December 11, 2005 4:06 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Matthew,
I was led to Jesus by some charismatics in 1973. I was introduced to calvinism in 1978.

For the most part my calvinism-dare I say entirely-grew without exposure to calvinist writers throughout the '80s. I am what I am today via my own findings in scripture. It was not until 1997 that I attended my first calvinistic church. From '78 through '97 I attended churches that were totally hostile to my calvinism(except for a brief stint in a Plymouth Brethren Church). Sundays were interesting because I would quite often here blasts against my beliefs from the pulpit. So, after 19 years I decided to seek out a calvinist church.

And so, here I am today.

December 11, 2005 9:29 AM

 
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

thanks for dropping by my blog...i'm sooo glad to meet you.

I am forever thankful that He died for me and gave His Peace to me.

Let's keep in touch Mark.

December 15, 2005 7:13 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

You bet I'll keep in touch, my sister Kitty Cheng! I am honored that you stopped by! I shall add you to my blogroll.

Your Brother,
Mark

December 15, 2005 8:38 AM

 
Blogger Kitty said...

Thanks brother Mark. I've added you in my favourite too =) Have a great day in the Lord!

December 15, 2005 11:23 PM

 
Blogger Antonio said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 18, 2005 6:20 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

testing

January 10, 2006 11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home