LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, March 26, 2006

From the Spurgeon Archive: "Compel Them to Come In" (2)

Children of God, ye who have believed, I shall have little or nothing to say to you this morning; I am going straight to my business—I am going after those that will not come—those that are in the byways and hedges, and God going with me, it is my duty now to fulfil this command, "Compel them to come in."
First, I must, find you out; secondly, I will go to work to compel you to come in.
I. First, I must FIND YOU OUT. If you read the verses that precede the text, you will find an amplification of this command: "Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, the maimed, the halt, and the blind;" and then, afterwards, "Go out into the highways," bring in the vagrants, the highwaymen, "and into the hedges," bring in those that have no resting-place for their heads, and are lying under the hedges to rest, bring them in also, and "compel them to come in." Yes, I see you this morning, you that are poor. I am to compel you to come in. You are poor in circumstances, but this is no barrier to the kingdom of heaven, for God hath not exempted from his grace the man that shivers in rags, and who is destitute of bread. In fact, if there be any distinction made, the distinction is on your side, and for your benefit—"Unto you is the word of salvation sent"; "For the poor have the gospel preached unto them." But especially I must speak to you who are poor, spiritually. You have no faith, you have no virtue, you have no good work, you have no grace, and what is poverty worse still, you have no hope. Ah, my Master has sent you a gracious invitation. Come and welcome to the marriage feast of his love. "Whosoever will, let him come and take of the waters of life freely." Come, I must lay hold upon you, though you be defiled with foulest filth, and though you have nought but rags upon your back, though your own righteousness has become as filthy clouts, yet must I lay hold upon you, and invite you first, and even compel you to come in.

7 Comments:

Blogger jel said...

Awesome post, :)
thank you for the post, and Bless you for taking the time to spread his word!


have a great day!

Lord please watch over Brother Mark , and his family, Thank you and Amen

March 27, 2006 6:30 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Janice: You are a blessing! Thank you.

Mark

March 27, 2006 6:34 AM

 
Blogger forgiven said...

Poor

The world thinks that having money is rich..

But if they are not saved they are so poor.Anything that they have, if it did not get burn would be our anyways....

Thanks Mark

March 27, 2006 12:14 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

"Come, I must lay hold upon you,..."

Would that we all would consider this well.

March 27, 2006 4:10 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Doug and Joe: I am blessed by your visits!

March 28, 2006 7:51 AM

 
Blogger jel said...

Mark ,

Have a blessing of a Day!

and your family too! :)

March 28, 2006 8:17 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Janice: I can't get through to the Spurgeon Archive today. That means that I can't put up a new post. I hope things clear up soon.

Mark

March 28, 2006 9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home