LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Gospel - Spurgeon

This little piece was taken from a Spurgeon sermon entitled "The Resurection of Our Lord Jesus" delivered April 9, 1882...

"Three or four plain facts constitute the gospel, even as Paul puts it in the fifteenth chapter of his first Epistle to the Corinthians: “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.” Upon the incarnation, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus our salvation hinges."

I shall share more from this sermon in the coming days.

6 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

The sermon is long. I shall break it up piece by piece to make it more readable over the next couple of days.

Meanwhile, I am working on my own post on John 17:2-3. Perhaps mid week next week, you will see it. Boy, I bet you all will await that event with baited breath!

March 22, 2006 8:18 AM

 
Blogger jel said...

Hey MARK, can't wait, but hope you don't mind if I don't hold my breath cause I don't look good in blue LOL

take care

janice

March 22, 2006 9:22 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Janice: you made me smile. Thank you for coming by!

March 22, 2006 10:18 AM

 
Blogger Kc said...

I like the Spurgeon post very much but I too look forward to reading that Bluecollar fellow. ;-)

I'm thankful you seem to be doing very well these days.

March 22, 2006 12:19 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Casey: I would love to meet you someday! You seem to love the brethren with such a sincere love.

Bless you my brother!

Mark

March 22, 2006 12:51 PM

 
Blogger Kc said...

Mark if you ever become a snow bird or I ever decide to quit fighting these hurricanes you can bet it'll be high up on my agenda! ;-)

March 22, 2006 3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home