LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Thursday, March 02, 2006

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE!

The Theme of "bluecollar" blog has been from the start, Christ and Him crucified. At first I did all the posts myself. Hmmm! That could get tedious for the readers to have to put up with just my writing on the subject. Certainly there are others who could help out here; perhaps even people who have long since gone on to be with the Lord. So I started looking around the web for authors who adored the Savior. Wow! What a gold mine! Then the idea struck me that there are so many bloggers out there who write so beautifully about the Savior. Why not, with there permission, reproduce their works here. Combine my writings together with those from the past, along with other bloggers and you have the new "bluecollar" blog. I hope you are edified by the new approach. I will watch throughout blogdom for posts that inspire praise, worship and adoration of the Savior. If I like what I see I will ask your permission to reproduce your post here.

With that, here is today's guest blogger. My pastor, Reid Ferguson...

Walk in Wisdom – Gleanings from Scripture

Today's Readings Feb. #18 : Matt. 18:1-14;
Acts 25:1-12; Psalm 40; Lev. 8-10

Leviticus 8-10 records both the consecration of
Aaron & his sons to the priesthood, and also the
terrible result of his son's foolish disobedience. It
is interesting and instructive passage. 8:23 notes
they had a triple blood anointing. Blood from the
sacrifice was applied to the lobe of their right ear,
the knuckle of their right thumb, and the great toe
on their right foot. The idea probably being that
they were to hear God first, then carry out His
works with their hands by His paths. So their
innovation of "strange" fire – fire God never called
for, led them to act upon their own imaginations
and walk in ways God did not proscribe. Thus their
triple sin, violating the very three things they were
consecrated to carry out – and their untimely
deaths. Which ought then make us to think of
Christ; who could say with all honesty "As I hear, I
judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not
my own will but the will of him who sent me." John
5:30. Accordingly He did only what the Father
desired and walked where the Father took Him -
even to Calvary. For this Great High Priest, our
Great High Priest would not violate His vows for
self-innovation. And true to His consecration, all
He heard, did and pursued was colored – filtered if
you will - through the blood of redemption. For this
He came – to die for the sins of men. Nothing could
deter Him. Nothing seemed better, even for a
moment. Nothing was said or done but what fully
and perfectly fulfilled the redemptive plan of the
Father. For this purpose He was consecrated, even
with His own blood – that sinful men like you and
me might have a perfect atonement for our sins, and
have it offered by a Priest who not only knows the
feeling of our infirmities, but who has also passed
through the gates of Hell and death, and then into
the gates of heaven for us. He did not fail. And so
our salvation is secure.


--
Blessings: Reid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home