LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Mark Pierson:49

Remember when Bill Cosby did that routine, "Bill Cosby:49?

I wish I were that funny! I laughed my brains out at that video.

Well, here I am at age 49. In the last three weeks I have seen my 18 year old daughter go to her senior prom, go to spend a week in Virginia Beach with her senior class, and now, in three short weeks, she will be graduating high school.

Wow, where did all the time go? It was just yesterday when that little 7 pound 12 ounce bundle came into the world. I was there for the birth. I remember seeing that brown curly hair just as she was making her appearance on the world scene. I remember the doctor placing her in my arms just seconds after her birth. What a deep sense of joy.

I remember the first time she loaded her diaper;it was just minutes before the second time.

I remember that Karen and I averaged about two hours of sleep per night for the first nine months. Ahh, the memories.

Now she'll be going to college next fall. She'll be majoring in Social Work and minoring in Criminal Justice.

Where did the time go?

7 Comments:

Blogger Bhedr said...

Thats a good question.

You make me wish I could have had a daughter, but then I don't know how my heart would be able to handle what is going on for you right now or if I would have even let her go to Virginia Beach until she was say maybe.... 49.

We wish the best for her. My folks still live in Virginia Beach and I am only 2 hours from there. I was just there last week.

May 27, 2006 8:14 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Brian, one reason I still lift weights is so that I can strike terror in the hearts of any guy who comes to call. I want him to realize that if he so much as even thinks, if something even enters his mind, that he will have 265 pounds of fury to deal with. other than that, I want them to have a good time. :-)

May 27, 2006 9:23 PM

 
Blogger jel said...

Hi Mark,
your are very blessed to have your daughter, and I wish her all the best! :)
take care!
have a great weekend

May 27, 2006 9:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,
I remember those days too, sorry about that no sleeping thing. Time definitely has gone by fast! This year has been alot of fun and I look forword to going to college and making tons of new memories. Thanks for always being there for me.
Love, your daughter,
Ashley

May 27, 2006 10:12 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Janice, Thanks for your visit!

Yes, I am blessed!

Mark

May 27, 2006 10:15 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Time did not go anywhere. You just got old.

God Bless

Matthew

May 28, 2006 4:13 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Matthew, Spoken like a true friend.

May 28, 2006 9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home