LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Salvation By Knowing The Truth pt.7 - -Spurgeon

When a man comes in very deed to a knowledge of the truth about faith in Christ, he trusts Christ, and he is there and then saved from the guilt of sin; and he begins to be saved altogether from sin. God cuts the root of the power of sin that very day; but yet it has such life within itself that at the scent of water it will bud again. Sin in our members struggles to live. It has as many lives as a cat: there is no killing it. Now, when we come to a knowledge of the truth, we begin to learn how sin is to be killed in us—how the same Christ that justifies, sanctifies, and works in us according to his working who worketh in us mightily, that we may he conformed to the image of Christ, and made meet to dwell with perfect saints above. Beloved, many of you that are saved from the guilt of sin, have a very hard struggle with the power of sin, and have much more conflict, perhaps, than yon need to have, because you have not come to a knowledge of all the truth about indwelling sin. I therefore beg you to study much the word of God upon that point, and especially to see the adaptation of Christ to rule over your nature, and to conquer all your corrupt desires, and learn how by faith to bring each sin before him that, like Agag, it may be hewed in pieces before his eyes. You will never overcome sin except by the blood of the Lamb. There is no sanctification except by faith. The same instrument which destroys sin as to its guilt must slay sin as to its power. "They overcame by the blood of the Lamb," and so must you. Learn this truth well, so shall you find salvation wrought in you from day to day.

9 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

http://www.spurgeon.org/mainpage.htm

May 15, 2006 7:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning, Mark! Thank you for the sweet comment on my Mother's Day post. Wow, our mothers died exactly one year apart! So you definitely know what I'm talkin' about. Don't know how far you might have gone in my archives, but I've got the story chronicled. Mom was only ill (as far as we knew) from 12/26 (when I took her to the ER) until 3/14.

Anyway, thank you again. :)

I read your Sat. comments. I'm glad you're going to do a series on dispensationalism. Truthfully, I still don't understand it. I did a tiny bit of reading about it on the net, but that's about it. I take it Matthew is a dispensationalist???? He writes way over my head! LOL

Thank you for all the good Spurgeon stuff!

May 15, 2006 10:36 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Sister Gayla: Bless you!

The next post is going to be my attempt to publish ALL of the dialogue between myself and Matthew. I hope it doesn't get too boring for you. It will be lengthy, but important to do it that way for continuity.

May 15, 2006 11:27 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Sorry, Gayla, I shall try not to get too complex.

I must be reading too much of that dreadful old Darby.

God Bless

Matthew

May 15, 2006 11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew, that's ok. It's just that it's a subject I know virtually nothing about! But I'm anxious to follow the study on it. I also do a lot of reading on Rose's blog, so I've see the conversation between you and Jazzycat. You just appear to be a deep thinker to me!

May 15, 2006 12:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, was your mom ill?

May 15, 2006 12:11 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Gayla, She had emphyzima, she literally gasped for every breath of air for the last 3 days of her life. At one point she kept calling for help so that somebody could help her to breath.

She knew the Lord, and was quite a witness for Him the last 30 years of her life. She died at age 82.

May 15, 2006 12:49 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Gayla, Check this out....
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/DeafPreterist/compare.html

May 15, 2006 12:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Mark. I'll check it out.

My goodness, I'm so sorry. I know that disease all too well also, Mark. My step-dad had emphysema. Battled it for about 18 years. He died 3/10/03.

The last 30 years of her life!? Well, that was QUITE a long time to be His witness! After witnessing to my stepdad for the whole 21 years he was my dad, the Lord saved him 4 weeks before he died! It was a pretty amazing moment for me, to be face to face with him while he was in the hospital, and to finally see him surrender.

May 16, 2006 9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home