LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The effectual calling of Jazzycat’s servant W.H.

Before I became the servant of Jazzycat, I had never cared for cats and did not want anything, whatsoever, to do with them. I was aware of how other people adored them, but that did not influence my thinking one bit; nor did it stimulate my interest enough to investigate why people adored them. I resisted allowing any inside pets into our home, especially cats.

However, nine years ago I relented and allowed two kittens to be brought into our home. One day, soon after Jazzycat (Jasmine) and Cuffy arrived, I was sitting on the couch with my legs resting on the floor. Both legs were straight, together and at a slight angle as I slouched on the couch. Tiny Jazzy came slowly toward me and climbed up and onto my feet. I remained still as she inched her way slowly up my legs and kept coming past my knees, waist and crawled onto my stomach. As I remained completely still, she kept crawling until she was on my chest very close to my head. We were eyeball to eyeball as she made a move directly toward my face and lips. I turned my head slightly to avoid contact on my lips and she rubbed her head against my face several times. My heart melted and in that instant, I was effectually called to an irrevocable bond with a five-week-old kitten named Jazzy. My heart, attitude, interest, and affections, toward cats in general and Jazzy in particular, were completely changed. I was nothing short of a new person in my feelings toward these creatures that I once disliked.

I believe this illustrates what happens on a spiritual level when the Holy Spirit quickens and makes alive sinners that are totally unresponsive and, in fact, dead and hostile to God. I am also familiar on a personal basis with the effectual calling of God as I spent about forty years being an agnostic and hostile toward God. I was blind and am convinced that it was not on my own that I came to God but, rather, it was the work of the Holy Spirit giving me an effectual call. My testimony is a little long to give now, but I can say with certainty, that during a period of seeking, some dramatic changes occurred in my life that I cannot explain. Scripture that had always been boring foolishness to me suddenly became interesting and began to make sense. Sermons that had just as well been spoken in a foreign language became understandable and captured my attention. Activities that once were my focus in life lost their appeal. I have no doubt that I was called by the Holy Spirit to saving faith in Jesus Christ, and it would not have been possible apart from the divine intervention that first changed me. I lived and experienced God’s grace first hand.
Posted by: Wayne H. A.K.A. Jazzycat

5 Comments:

Blogger jazzycat said...

I would like to thank Mark for asking me to contribute articles from time to time on his blog. Although we have never met, it has been a pleasure to get to know him through this medium of the blogosphere. Jazzy just jumped up on my lap, so I had better sign off.
Wayne

December 31, 2006 5:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wayne! It's a privilege to share blogspace with you, even if I don't share your love of the feline. :)

December 31, 2006 6:46 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Thanks Gayla. I am trying to figure this all out as well. I already posted my first post wrong under Bluecollar. I think I will have it corrected for the next one.

December 31, 2006 7:05 PM

 
Blogger Scribe said...

Amen and Amen!! Congrats Jazzycat and have a safe and happy New Year...what I say unto one, I say unto all...

December 31, 2006 8:05 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Wayne - It is great to have you and Gayla aboard. My heart is thrilled, just thrilled.

Great illustration with Jasmine and how she won your heart, in fact, perfect illustration.

Thanks so much.
Mark

December 31, 2006 9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home