LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Gayla Wants the Bluecollar Team to 'Fess-Up

Over at Gayla's site the bluecollar team has been tagged with one of those meme's.

Hmmm. Where to start. We are to list seven interesting things about ourselves. Huh. Hmmm. Let's see now...

1) I was saved at the age of 16. (April 28, 1973)

2) I was on my highschool football (JV) and wrestling (both JV and Varsity) teams.

3) I love lifting weights. I have many trophies from bench-press contests I had entered in the late '80's and early '90's. My best bench in a contest was 385. I have put up 390 in the gym, at the body-weight of 217.

4) I've been to Egypt, Israel, Jordan and India.

5) I raise tropical fish.

6) I think Spurgeon is just OK.

7) Ain't got notin' else to say

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
Who knew?!
You be careful lifting weights.
Just reading '385 lb' makes my arms ache! I can barely lift a cuppa coffee in the morning. :-)

May 05, 2007 11:24 PM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

I don't want to brag, but I can bench 385, too.

(that's 12 reps of 32 lbs)

Hey, did you know that Chuck Norris can't do a push-up? Yeah, when he pushes, the whole earth actually moves down.

May 07, 2007 5:23 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

That's great that you were saved at such a young age. I have an uncle who competed in weight lifting competetions. I think it was in the 70's and 80's. He won some world championship, but I can't remember which one it was. He is a very short person like around 5' or so which makes it even more amazing to me. But I don't know much about weight lifting so it may not be that big a deal.

May 08, 2007 4:37 PM

 
Blogger Rose~ said...

Wow, you lift weights? Is that so you can handle the tropical fih?

Hi Mark!

May 09, 2007 9:01 AM

 
Blogger Rose~ said...

I mean FISH

May 09, 2007 10:35 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 23, 2007 4:05 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Just yesterday my husband and I were talking about my uncle who used to be a champion weight lifter. I had thought he was a world champion, but my husband said that he was only a "state" champion. I remembered that I had told you guys he was a world champion. Sorry for the misinformation! Not that you all care (I don't mean that in a bad way), but I wanted to make the correction anyway.

June 23, 2007 4:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home