LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Friday, May 04, 2007

A Testimony

I posted this link over at the Stomping Ground a month or so back. Please take a moment to read it. Tis very moving. She had known of men in only one way: crudeness. We can become arrogent to women, as if we are somehow better. As if they were our punching bags, either verbaly, emotionally, or physically. This sister in Chrst, Clemntine, that is how she knew men to be growing up.

Everyday Mommy asked a question today that I'm anxious to answer. She wrote, "So, today I’d like to ask you to share your thoughts on the practical application of Biblical submission. In other words, how do you do it? What’s at the heart of this instruction, for you, personally? How has God worked in your heart as you’ve learned about submission? What has been your husband’s response to it?"

Well. Let me just tell you THIS: I was born in the '60's (The Age of Aquarius), grew up in the '70's with my sister and our divorced mother (I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar), and came of age in the '80's (Girls Just Want to Have Fun). I learned a lot.

I learned that men can't be trusted. That husbands have their mail sent to someone else's house, and that it was never too early for a Pabst Blue Ribbon. I learned that Daddies are dangerous and that the truth doesn't matter, but keeping Grandma in the dark does.

I learned to go to bed early and keep quiet when my mother "entertained". I learned to make rum and Coke, and to clean the bathroom after our "guests" had exceeded their alcohol tolerance. I pulled my mother's unconscious body out of the backseat of a man's car. He knocked her out when she climbed in his car to keep him from leaving. I thought she was dead.

I learned to cry without making a sound.

Men leave. They use, abuse, ignore, deprive, and lie.

I became a Christian in the 7th grade. The first thing I was sure of was that I would serve God in singleness. I wouldn't marry. Then I wouldn't be subject to a man. Ever.

Fast forward to 1987. I met him through a friend. He was handsome, smart and kind. And he liked me. He loved me.

He loves me.

He has taught me since then how Jesus sees me. He has encouraged me, corrected me, instructed me. He leads me in paths of righteousness for the Lord's sake. I will gratefully follow him until the Lord calls one of us home.

I am his helper. He is my head. I submit to him, he lays his life down for me. He is healing me by washing me with water through the Word and he is in control of this family. I am provided for, cared for, cherished and honored. My children are safe and loved. God's ways are not ours. I will never stop thanking Him for that.

I was born female. I am becoming a Lady.

http://clemntineschronicles.blogspot.com/2007/03/lady-inside-this-woman.html

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Douglas,
Thank you for sharing this about sweet Clemntine, it brought me to tears. God is so good that he take this dear lady from such a distorted view of men and show her the love of one man and turn her life around completly. Only the love of God can do that. What a difference we all can make with our spouses, with our family with the folks around us daily by showing them the love Christ
that lives in us. We may be at work sitting beside someone that may have been unloved or abused and we have the power to show them the greatest love of all. Thank you douglas, this was so powerful post!

Cristina

May 05, 2007 6:35 AM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

My thoughts as a wife on submission....
When I first was saved it was not the easiest thing to practice. I failed a lot and I guess my husband did too. I think we learn together how to make it easier for one another to follow what Christ wants us to do as husband and wife.
We had hits and we have misses as we grow together. Today I can honestly say it comes so much easier because when I struggle with it I say to myself I am submitting to Christ first and secondly my husbands love for me makes it so much easier.

Cristina

May 05, 2007 6:50 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Douglas - WOW! That man who came into her life had a handle on what it means to be a true servant of Christ. Like I said, WOW!

May 05, 2007 10:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personal testimonies speak louder than anything at times. God sure was merciful to this woman, with the life she led prior to her meeting her husband. God be praised for granting her a receptive heart to the right man and for changing them both!
It sure helps me put things into perspective. We don't have to look very far to find folks who've led far more difficult lives than our own.

May 05, 2007 5:25 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

What a great story of love winning the day..... Great

May 05, 2007 5:38 PM

 
Blogger Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

I clicked over from my sitemeter source page, and thought I'd just say howdy.

"Howdy!"

May 06, 2007 12:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home