LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Christ Crucified

1 Corinthians 1:23-24 (King James Version)
23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 2
1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 Corinthians 15
1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

May all those "clever" systems that find a way around these verses perish!

October 01, 2008 7:00 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

These are great verses, but wouldn't it be better to pray that those "clever" systems grow to understand their significance, rather than to ask that they perish?

I think God said that it is not His will that ANY should perish.

Personally, I think we need to pray for them and ask God, by the power of His Holy Spirit to do a work in their lives that will help them see the light.

Would that be a terrible thing?

October 02, 2008 7:11 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Joe,
notice that I said "May all those "clever" systems...perish". Nowhere did I ask that the persons themselves perish.

Respectfully,
Mark

October 02, 2008 7:23 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

OK, brother...I got it.

I can pray with you that the "systems" fade into Never-Never Land.

October 02, 2008 7:46 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Thanks for the visit, Joe.

October 02, 2008 7:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home