LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, April 23, 2006

What a Change! - Spurgeon

WHAT A CHANGE!

It is not everyone who can remember the very day and hour of his deliverance; but, as Richard Knill said, "At such a time of the day, clang went every harp in Heaven, for Richard Knill was born again," it was e’en so with me. The clock of mercy struck in Heaven the hour and moment of my emancipation, for the time had come. Between half-past ten o’clock, when I entered that chapel, and half-past twelve o’clock, when I was back again at home, what a change had taken place in me! I had passed from darkness into marvellous light, from death to life. Simply by looking to Jesus, I had been delivered from despair, and I was brought into such a joyous state of mind that, when they saw me at home, they said to me, "Something wonderful has happened to you;" and I was eager to tell them all about it. Oh! there was joy in the household that day, when all heard that the eldest son had found the Saviour, and knew himself to be forgiven, — bliss compared with which all earth’s joys are less than nothing and vanity. Yes, I had looked to Jesus as I was, and found in Him my Saviour. Thus had the eternal purpose of Jehovah decreed it; and as, the moment before, there was none more wretched than I was, so, within that second, there was none more joyous. It took no longer time than does the lightning-flash; it was done, and never has it been undone. I looked, and lived, and leaped in joyful liberty as I beheld my sin punished upon the great Substitute, and put away forever. I looked unto Him, as He bled upon that tree; His eyes darted a glance of love unutterable into my spirit, and in a moment, I was saved.

5 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

i published parts of this before. I thought that this time, by publishing the whole line of thought, that would make Spurgeon more clear.

He reflects my thinking here too.

There are many points where I disagrre with Spurgeon in other areas. I CAN and DO think for myself. I only like him because he comes to many of the same conclusions that I do.

April 23, 2006 11:20 PM

 
Blogger jel said...

morning Mark,



have a great day!

April 24, 2006 5:49 AM

 
Blogger J. Wendell said...

Hi Mark,

Another great post.

There are many points where I disagree with Spurgeon in other areas. I CAN and DO think for myself. I only like him because he comes to many of the same conclusions that I do.

As it should be... and as it is with me too.

BTW do you know of such a testimony of conversion (or any salvation testimony) from John Calvin?

brother John

April 24, 2006 6:54 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Janice: Thank you for my daily blessing.

John: I have never even once opened the cover of ANY of Calvin's works. Perhaps one day I will, but only for historical purposses. Therefore, I can not answer your question-sorry

April 24, 2006 7:57 AM

 
Blogger J. Wendell said...

Thanks for honestly answering Mark.

I have read and spent sometime studing Calvin and it dawned on me, I have never read about his conversion, but I could have missed it, he wrote alot.

brother John

BTW "I Love NY" I mean I Love Rochester! ;~)

April 25, 2006 11:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home