LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Even More On Assurance by Spurgeon

" Has Jesus saved me? I dare not speak with any hesitation here; I KNOW He has. His Word is true, therefore I AM saved. My evidence that I am saved does not lie in the fact that I preach, or that I do this or that. All my hope lies in this, that Jesus Christ came to save sinners. I am a sinner, I trust Him, then he came to save me, and I am saved; I live habitually in the enjoyment of this blessed fact, and it is long since I have doubted the truth of it, for I have His own Word to sustain my faith."

Taken from C.H.Spurgeon Autobiography: Volume 1 "The Early Years" pages 93-94

5 Comments:

Blogger jel said...

Morning Mark!

thanks,
would like to hear, or read, some more, of your thought's! :)

have a great day!

April 13, 2006 7:01 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Janice, my daily blessing. Thank you!

April 13, 2006 7:46 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

The assurance of His Word is magnificent!

April 13, 2006 8:16 AM

 
Blogger Kc said...

Mark you're a great blessing to me. These are great post. ;-)

April 13, 2006 8:47 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Joe,Casey; Thank you for your visits!

May the Lord bless your Easter as you spend time with your loved ones

April 13, 2006 10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home