LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

This 'N That

Catchy title? I got the idea from Gayla.

Well, I will be driving my daughter to school later this morning for her last day of final exams. The end of an era. She has her high school graduation this Saturday. College is this Fall.

Later this afternoon she goes for a job interview at McDonalds. Is there free junk food in my future?

My son made the honor-roll and, as a result, got his name in "The Greece Post", a local newspaper for our town of Greece, a suburb of Rochester, NY.

I am very proud of the both of them.

On the workout front: I have now completed the longest stretch of time without an injury - ten months of consecutive 300+ pound bench-press workouts and no elbow or pect injuries. Not bad for an old man of 49. There is a lot more snap, crackle and pop though.

I remember one time a few years ago when I did injure my pect. I was in the middle of a 385 pound bench-press and suddenly I felt my chest cramp up. I completed the lift, but when I got off the bench, my chest was in great pain; I could not even lift my left arm for several minutes. My left chest turned black and blue. What fun.

My dad is becoming more and more dependant on Karen and me. We are trying to make it so that he can stay in his own house as long as possible. May the Lord give us strength and wisdom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

I hate it when my pects explode. Just the other day I was lifting a 1 lb. burger and that was all she wrote.

JK

June 07, 2006 8:05 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

What?! The Dox still comes to call here???!!!

This is Tertulian's first visit. I take it that he does not like my take on Gal. 3. I should look at it as allegory.

Either way, Thanks, Jeremy, for the visit.

Don't make yourself so scarce. I have taken the wraps off of my calvinism now and expect lots of sparks to fly in the near future.

Do stay tuned.

June 07, 2006 10:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting for both your kiddos!

Let me know how you make it through graduation so I can follow suit next year.

One word of advice:

Steer clear of Mickey D's!

June 07, 2006 10:37 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Gayla says, "One word of advice:

Steer clear of Mickey D's!"

Noooo! I love high cholesteral levels and expanding waist lines!

June 07, 2006 11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home