LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Friday, April 06, 2007

Um...Hello, Douglas Mabry

Welcome Douglas!

I welcome Douglas Mabry to bluecollar!

Doug comes to us as "Gojira". He strikes me as having the heart of King David, pliable and contrite. Doug seems to have read more books than I know to exist!

Welcome aboard!

To the readers of bluecollar:

The people who post on this blog are encouraged to share their hearts here. They choose their own topics. The topics covered here can be challenging and or devotional. It is entirely up to the writers themselves. The posts will be displayed for between twenty-four to thirty-six hours before a new post goes up in order to have maximum exposure.

In the coming days, I, Mark Pierson, plan to take on a more conversational approach in the comments threads. I embrace The Doctrines of Grace. Many who read here do not. I wish to dialogue with them. Debates aren't won by brute force or by sarcasm. I have friends on the other side of this debate. The only way to win them over is by dialogue. That is the way of this blog beginning now. I have asked a non Calvinist if she would post here occasionally. I have a lot of respect for her as sister in Christ. The only way to clear up all the misconceptions is if everybody put it all on the table, as it were. If we would take the time to air out our systems, leaving no stone unturned, then, and only then, can misconceptions be cleared up. However Existentialists are not allowed here. Existentialism isn't even remotely Christian. Case closed.

Mark Pierson

12 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Interesting.

Gojirah, as I understand, is rather favourably desposed to some Free grace ideas.

I am sure he will write some great posts here.

God Bless

Matthew

April 06, 2007 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Gojira said...

Hi Gayla :-)

Douglas or Doug, whichever you prefer.

"Gojira" is the Japaneese name for Godzilla. Gojira (pronounced go gee rah) is a combo word. The first part means gorilla; the last part means whale.

When I was growing up, Godzilla movies were my favorite. They are my son's favorite now.

If you can stomache the cheese, rent "Godzilla vs Hedorah" some time. Or the original 1954 classic.

I think it is an honor to be part of this group.

April 06, 2007 12:53 PM

 
Blogger Gojira said...

Hi Matthew,

How have you been? I'll have to check to see how your trip to Japan went.


"Gojirah, as I understand, is rather favourably desposed to some Free grace ideas."

That would depend on who you asked.
All I affirm is by God's grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.

April 06, 2007 1:01 PM

 
Blogger Scribe said...

Is that the "Amen Corner" getting rambunctious over Gojira's inauguration to Bluecollar as a contributor? Congrats, Doug!!!

April 06, 2007 1:32 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Doug,
Welcome to our group.

Matthew,
I also affirm grace alone, through faith alone in Christ alone. There is no disagreement there.

Wayne

April 06, 2007 3:49 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

YO, YO, YO -

I've been moving my dad all day today! Still ain't done.

I was going to do a post welcoming Doug, but hadn't had the time. Gayla done beat me to it!

Here goes..........
WELCOME DOUGLAS!!!!!
WELCOME GODZILLA!!!!

April 06, 2007 4:38 PM

 
Blogger Exist-Dissolve said...

However Existentialists are not allowed here. Existentialism isn't even remotely Christian.

Good, we wouldn't their kind coming in here. I will stand guard at the door.

April 06, 2007 8:35 PM

 
Blogger Deviant Monk said...

However Existentialists are not allowed here. Existentialism isn't even remotely Christian.

Good, we wouldn't their kind coming in here. I will stand guard at the door.


I'll sit atop the tower with a high powered sniper rifle.

April 06, 2007 9:20 PM

 
Blogger Gojira said...

E-D writes:
"Good, we wouldn't their kind coming in here. I will stand guard at the door."

You left out the word "want" from between wouldn't and their.
_________________________________

Oh Deviant one, you write:

"I'll sit atop the tower with a high powered sniper rifle."

Is that something you do in honor of your "sovereign goddess?" Just curious....

April 06, 2007 10:41 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Exist-Desolve and Deviant Monk -

ENOUGH!

I will ask that you stay away from this blog!

Thank you.

Mark Pierson

April 06, 2007 11:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again Douglas. I'm glad you're with us.

Thanks for the explanation of Gojira.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I highly doubt you'll find me conversing very much with Deviant and E.D. 99.9% of the time I don't have a clue what you're (they're) saying. Too much philosphy and not enough Scripture doesn't lend itself to much to talk about, IMO.

April 07, 2007 9:07 AM

 
Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Gojira!!!

Do I get a prize for anything? One of my best buddies is a missionary in Japan so I knew what Gojira means!

Welcome to Bluecollar!

Dave Moorhead

April 07, 2007 11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home