LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Welcome To My World -- The Married Life

Alrighty then.....

1) I live two stop lights down from this. Today is the Cocoa-Cola 600.

2) While my wife was inside watching the race on T.V., I was outside in the heat slaving over a hot grill and listening to the race which is quite clear. I was giving all to this steak dinner. You see, I run things in my house! Again, just to make this clear -- I run things in my house. I run the dishwasher, I run the broom, I run the mop, I run the.... well, you get the idea! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Yes sir, let me tell you -- I take my OWN paycheck to the bank as well, and Kerry, my wife, is good enough to fill out the deposit slip for me before I take it.

3) Anyway, little gojira is at a sleep over. The table is set. Candles are lit. Romance is in the air. We keep the t.v. on but turned down low. Kerry ever so sweetly turns her head to see the action on the screen. "Who is in the lead," I ask her. She looks back at me, and so sweetly, so cutely, says, "Presumebly the one in front..."


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are married, enjoy your spouse. Enjoy each other. Find comfort in each other. Forgive each other. And always be each other's lover. For many couples, the previous four statements are a mystery beyond all understanding.

8 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

Meee, after the mention of candles and romance being in the air I thought I was going to have to hit the cold shower before the end of this post.... Whew, that was close! I like that "presumebly the one in front..."

May 27, 2007 8:50 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Doug,
You da man!

May 27, 2007 10:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, this was really sweet.
You are blessed indeed.
Thank you for the encouragement to enjoy each other.

May 27, 2007 10:38 PM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

LOLOLOL.

Douglas,
After such a busy week I needed a good laugh.That was so funny. One of the greatest joys in a marriage is to laugh together. That is one of the qualities that attracted me to my dear husband, his sense of humor. He is still making me laugh.
I love a nut!

Cristina

May 28, 2007 1:25 PM

 
Blogger Gojira said...

Mark,

hehehehehehehe.....let's just say I didn't have a cold shower.....
_________________________________

Wayne,

Thanks! I try to be!
_________________________________

Thank you Susan.
_________________________________

Cristina, I very much agree. It is a great joy.

May 28, 2007 7:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

allow me to interject. None of you know me (save one)so no need to scratch your heads puzzling over who the penman(woman) might be. I think i have some clear understanding of this matter having been a Christian for some thirty+ years and having eyeballed marriages (including my own) for just as long a period of time. Your post paints a picture of many varied colors; depicting marriage as it should be. This is the Scripture's wall hanging of what the male/female relationship was (and is) meant to be. But alas the ideal is seldom the real. Read Paul's dirty laundry list of the church in the last days and you will see that as time hastens on the human element will wax worse and worse. Heading the list: "LOVERS OF THEIR OWN SELVES". Hard to love a spouse the Biblical way when we, by fallen nature, are such lovers of ourselves. If you have a 5 star marriage, ENJOY. But for many what they say they have and what they truly have are two very different things.

May 30, 2007 11:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and BTW if you care to look at the Biblical reference it is in
2 Timothy 3: 1-5. There Paul depicts those that "have a form of godliness but ...". This most certainly defines the Church in the last days. The world has never had a form of godliness.

May 30, 2007 11:08 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Folks, "Anonymous" is none other than my best friend from church, John MacMillan, or J.D. MacMillan (sounds so preacher-esk, doesn't it?).

Dude, use your name. We would like to get to know you better around here. :-)

May 30, 2007 12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home