LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thankful

Wow, half the year has gone by already. Time to pause and look back...

In January I started to do some smart things with this blog in deciding to become a minor player here. My carpel tunnel was not getting any easier to deal with, and, quite frankly, I could no longer rub two thoughts together to save my life. What to do. Well having friends who happen to be some of the best thinkers and writers in blogdom made things easy here, so inviting them on board to do the bulk of the writing struck me as the way to go. I have not regretted that move for one second. They have all done me proud.

The real life-blood of bluecollar is found in the writing of Gayla, Wayne, Cristina, Dave, Doug, Susan and John.

You guys have made blogging fun again. What's exciting is that every morning when I go to the blog I never know what I am going to find, ON MY OWN BLOG, no less. Ya gotta love it.

As I said, you guys are the real life-blood of this blog. Thank you so very much.

Mark

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, if I'd actually write something. :)

Thank you though. You're too kind.

Actually, I'd love to do a series for discussion on death. If you read what Char wrote in comments on my recent post on my blog, you'll see that it's causing me to ponder things...

June 28, 2007 11:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truthfully, everyone here is head & shoulders above me in the theology department. You guys are gifted writers and thinkers. You give my brain a good work out. :)

I'm blessed to know ye.

June 28, 2007 11:25 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Mark,
It has been a pleasure for me and my interest for Jazzycat blog is to be a subsidiary of Bluecollar. I usually go to Bluecollar first and go from there. Jonathan Moorhead has referred to us as the Bluecollar Clan. I liked that a lot.

Gayla,
You are very gifted in apologetics and I hope you will continue as time permits to be involved with defending the truth. There are many from the religious left who would like to silence us as Baracka Obama illustrated with his attack on conservative Christians a few days ago.

Battles for the truth will be fought on the internet and while those confronting each other may not be changed, just think of the new immature Christians and seekers who will be watching and influenced by what goes on.

the internet is where it will happen.......

June 28, 2007 11:48 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Gayla, my blog is your blog. You may do any series any time you want. Just announce your intentions ahead of time so that the other teammates will know to leave space for you to complete your series uninterrupted.

You too are quite a fine thinker and writer.....SO STOP PUTTING YOURSELF DOWN!!! :-)

I've seen how you defend truth on other blogs these last few months. You do great work. Keep it up!

June 28, 2007 11:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not worthy to be a member of the clan, but consider it a real honor and blessing to be here.
Mark, you opened a door for me, and I am grateful.
Like Jazzy, I usually go to bluecollar first and move on from there.

June 28, 2007 1:04 PM

 
Blogger only1way said...

I've known Mark far longer than most (probably all) here and believe me nestled in with his many other gifts is humility. I say this without fear of overextending the truth that Mark has command of the Scriptures better than anyone I know. We may not agree on all points but he always has a Bible text memorized from the deep caverns of his mind that will support his take on things (even when he is wrong
:-)).

How long has the journey been for you now brother? 32 years?

June 28, 2007 2:03 PM

 
Blogger Gojira said...

Mark,

Ah man, listen to ya. From my perspective, I'm the BlueCollar sore spot! I think it is an honor to be here with each of you.
________________________________

Gayla,

After reading what you have written at your blog, I for one think your series would be a huge blessing.

June 28, 2007 4:25 PM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Thank you Mark for allowing me to share on your blog. I find it an honor to be a part of a blog with so many gifted writters and lovers of the WOrd. Ive learned so much from all of you.

Cristina

June 28, 2007 4:33 PM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

This is a celebratory occasion, right? So where's the cake and ice cream?!!

June 28, 2007 5:00 PM

 
Blogger Gojira said...

Craver,

"So where's the cake and ice cream?!!"

All over at Mark's house. Along with the big, juicy steaks, the homemade Mac and cheese, and so forth......

Okay, I'm starting to get hungry...

June 28, 2007 7:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've known Mark far longer than most (probably all) here and believe me nestled in with his many other gifts is humility.

One of the traits I've found that marks a mature Christian is that of humility. The closer one walks with the Lord, the more humble s/he is.

Bless you, Mark.

June 28, 2007 8:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home