LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, August 12, 2007

WHEN IT'S ALL BEEN SAID AND DONE...



"The main end of a Christian man is,that having been bought with precious blood,he may live unto Christ, and not unto himself."
-Spurgeon,


When its all been said and done, Will I able to look back and say I stood up for Christ, did I share the Cross to the lost around me enough, did I show the love and patience of Christ when dealing with someone that fought against the Truth? Did I praise your name enough Lord? Did I love my brothers and sister enough, even if we did not agree on certain things? Did I store treasures in Heaven that I can throw at your feet Lord?

The sum of one's words and deeds constitute a message. When there is a contradiction between words and deeds,the deeds will communicate much more effectively than the
words.

Walking with God...

by Don Fortner

"Enoch WALKED with God...." Genesis 5:24
My heart is motivated, driven and governed by FOUR GREAT
CONCERNS. Here are four things I want more than anything
in this world.

I am not an ambitious man. But I am ambitious for these four
things. For the attainment of these four things I am prepared, by
the grace of God, to sacrifice everything else. I count all other
things to be but rubbish by comparison.

1. I want to know Christ (Phil. 3:10).
Yes, I believe that in measure I do know him. God has revealed
his grace and glory to me in the Person of his dear Son. Still, I
want a growing, spiritual, experimental knowledge of the Lord
Jesus Christ. I want to know all that he has done for me. I want
to know him. I want to know him fully.

2. I want to be totally committed to Christ.
I want to totally lose my life to Christ and in Christ, so that I can
truthfully say with the Apostle Paul, "For me to live is Christ." I
want to be committed to Christ as he was to the Father, so that
my heart says to him in all things, "Not my will, thy will be done"
It is my continual prayer that God will give me a heart--
committed to the Lord Jesus Christ,
committed to his will,
committed to his gospel,
committed to his people,
committed to the cause of his glory in this world.

3. I want to be like Christ.
My heart longs to be like him, conformed to him, made into his
likeness. I want to be like him love, tenderness, and
thoughtfulness, in zeal, dedication, and devotion, purity, holiness,
and righteousness.

4. I want to live in communion with Christ.
Like Enoch of old, I want to walk with God.

I know these goals are not attainable in this life. Yet, they are the
things for which my soul hungers and my heart thirsts. I cannot
be satisfied with less. "I count not myself to have apprehended:
but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press
toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ
Jesus" (Phil. 3:13-14). "I shall be satisfied when I awake with
Christ's likeness" (Psa. 17:15), but not until then.
"Enoch WALKED with God...."

May I walk in your footsteps Lord, so that "When it is all been said and done"The words I will hear from you are, "Well done my Faithful Servant, Well done."

Cristina

7 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

Amazing post, Cristina! Thanks. Very convicting.

August 12, 2007 1:09 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

http://theologica.blogspot.com/2007/05/carson-what-is-gospel.html

August 12, 2007 3:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To live unto Christ - it's going to mean sharing in His sufferings... in order to be conformed into His image. May we be willing.

August 12, 2007 3:38 PM

 
Blogger Angela said...

Hey, sorry, this comment is totally off subject...can you guys change my link in your sidebar to "To Live is Christ"??? thanks!

Angela :-)

August 12, 2007 11:51 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Thanks Cristina for posting these inspiring words........

August 13, 2007 7:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be argumentative or anything....but what constitutes "enough?"

August 13, 2007 10:43 AM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Gayla,
When I look back now, at the times I could have been more Christ-like and was not, I feel now I could have done more, that I did not do enough back then. I hope you can understand what I mean. See you in a coule of weeks..

Cristina

August 13, 2007 3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home