LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Frozen Chosen

You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you…
(John 15:16)

Some things to think about…

Whose choice is it? Is it God’s choice or man’s choice who is going to be saved?

If Jesus died for all the sins of all the people ever, doesn’t this include unbelief?

Why, then, aren't all people going to heaven?

Is it God who ensures or man who secures? Is it more loving for God to let everyone of fallen man try and secure his own salvation making it dependent on his own choice, or is it more loving that God ensures that some will be saved, making sure they make the choice?

Did God send His Son to die, so that He could be loved, or did God send His Son to die because He loved?

Does God rescue people that do not love Him, or does He wait till they love Him to rescue them?

Is it “I’m so glad I chose you”, or “I’m so humbled you chose me?” Was it something in me that caused Him to choose me, no, or something in me that caused me to choose Him, no…does it ultimately have to do with us, or was it God’s plan all along? If you believe in Christ, that is wonderful, now give God the glory He is due, for He saved you…

Charles Spurgeon, 19th century preacher, spoke of the gospel call being universal, but the atonement being definite, and it was in an article over at Pyromaniacs the other day, and it is worth looking at if you want some more understanding on this issue…also check out this recent post by our friend Craver VII...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Even So... said...

Think about it...

October 09, 2007 9:39 AM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

"By the grace of God,I am what I am" (I Cor. 15:10).

October 09, 2007 10:32 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

I like what this person said at JD's site...

"Kristine said...
This was great. These were (and still are at times) the very questions that I wrestled with in prayer and while sharing the gospel; the only answers that brought any measure of clarity, comfort and hope were those given through God's revelation of Himself, in His written word; answers that I've found entirely consistent with those given under the doctrines of grace."

October 09, 2007 10:42 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Does Jesus save or does he merely make salvation possible? If he merely makes salvation possible, then there is a possibility that none will be saved and satan will prevail. However, if Jesus saves then we can be assured that the gates of hell will not prevail against the church.

October 09, 2007 10:42 AM

 
Blogger donsands said...

"Charles Spurgeon, 19th century preacher, spoke of the gospel call being universal, but the atonement being definite"

Amen.

"Come unto Me all who are heavy in heart".
No one knows the Ftaher, except those whom I reveal Him to."

Jazzy, I agree. But the non-reformed would have a middle ground here methinks. Something like: Jesus makes salvation avaible for all, but He does have His elect, who will be saved, but the others have to have the chance to believe the gospel and be saved, though God knows they will not.
It sounds so unlogical to me, but it's very logical to the non-reformed. I know because a lot of friends believe this way, and they in fact hate the idea that Jesus came to definitely save a chosen few.

October 09, 2007 12:41 PM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

Thanks for the mention!

So many gospel tracts and popular presentations have an Arminian slant to them. I found a book on how to tell the good news from a Reformed author. It's called, Tell the Truth; has anyone here seen it? Do you know of others that are good for training in this area?

October 09, 2007 1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home