LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Saturday, June 07, 2008

One of My Blogosphere Hero's Adds to Our Growing GES Lexicon

Matt Waymeyer said...
May I add a few entries to your Free Grace Lexicon? If you keep these in mind, they will help you understand how the extreme FGers manage to get around the clear teaching of Scripture and hold their theology intact:

“do the will of the Father” in Matt 7:21 = believe in Jesus

“follow Me” in John 10:27 = believe in Jesus

“did the good deeds” in John 5:29 = believe in Jesus

“perish” in 2 Peter 3:9 = experience physical death

“know Him” in 1 John 2:3 = really, really, REALLY know Him!

"weeping and gnashing of teeth" = what all unbelievers will do in hell and most believers will do in the Millennial Kingdom

Oh, and lastly, a "traditionalist" is someone whose interpretation of Scripture predates Zane Hodges.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

I've just purchased the Revised and Expanded Anniversary Edition of The Gospel According To Jesus. (Duck!) And, as I did with the original edition, I will pay real close attention to the footnotes and endnotes. giggles

June 07, 2008 10:06 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Antonio, so many times thou hast appeared in mine sitemeter these past few days. :-)

June 08, 2008 9:05 PM

 
Blogger Daniel said...

Matt's "Traditionalist" was so bang-on I almost choked on my soda.

June 09, 2008 1:43 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

I loved that one too!

June 09, 2008 1:56 PM

 
Blogger Antonio said...

Mark,

I just dropped by today. God as my witness, today is the first i have been here. I get google alerts and some of what you have written ended up in my email box.

Anyway, Matt Waymeyer should do standup!

Your fg guest,

Antonio

June 11, 2008 5:38 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Anyway, Antonio da Rosa should do sitdown!

Your L/S Calvinist host,
Mark

June 12, 2008 1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home