LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Real World

Since January there have been rounds of layoff's each month at the tool-shop where I work. Good machinists and fabricators are being shown the door; being thrown into a situation where nobody is hiring. They are talented, even gifted in their trade. Yet there is nothing out there. Some are in their mid-fifties, missing fingers from accidents on the lathe, with their children's college tuition bills yet to be paid. To be sure they were our company's bread and butter. Now they are treated like manure. And to pour salt into their wounds, after last month's layoff's and scheduling of furlough weeks our CEO told us that we are now poised to take on the future.

What a machine-like view! It's like saying to those who are gone, "too bad for you, but we'll be okay - so there!". No remorse for the fallen.

I guess being machine-like is how you become CEO. You can have it, thank you.

(Lord, save these people. They need to come to Christ.)

Newly made friends, one's I was trying to build bridges to in order to share the Gospel, are now gone. I feel sick to my stomach. May the Lord raise up other witnesses to go into their lives to share Christ with them.

Now they're telling us that there will be even more furlough weeks throughout the year. My wife, who is a benefits clerk in the human resources department, has now had two more furlough weeks added to the one we were told of in January. I'll be getting additional weeks too, if I survive the layoff's. This would be the third time I've been layed off in eleven years, having lost previous jobs when they left the state.

Makes for some interesting times ahead.

Lord, not my will, but thine be done.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

David never saw the righteous begging for bread, and he wrote that God will never let the righteous be moved. You will do fine sir, but I know your heart is sore for those who are not going to do well.

April 30, 2009 10:26 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Mark,
You and your family are in my prayers. I am also praying that our country can retain the liberty and freedom that will make our recovery quicker and longer lasting.

April 30, 2009 2:48 PM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 01, 2009 6:52 AM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Mark,
My prayers are with you and your family and with those that have left that maybe the seed you planted will grow.

Jonah 1:11-13 Then said they unto him, What shall we do unto thee, that the sea may be calm unto us? for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous. And he said unto them, Take me up, and cast me forth into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto you: for I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you. Nevertheless the men rowed hard to bring it to the land; but they could not: for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous against them. I read this in a devoitional, When "I" finally got out of the way. God restored me back to peace. When "I" quit rowing against the tide and listened to God, He then could overcome my stresses. When I started trusting HIM again, He helped me. What an awesome God we serve.
Mark, I read this and thought to myself, It's sometimes hard to trust because don't know what the future holds concerning our jobs, but we have to remember who holds our future.
Cristina

May 01, 2009 6:54 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

I'm humbled and thankful for friends like you all...

May 01, 2009 11:07 AM

 
Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Mark,
I appreciate your title for this post...The Real World. So many Christian people are out of touch with the real world. I find so many of them out of touch with the pain and suffering of those who are losing their jobs, their homes, and everything they have known for years. Christians have to live in the real world and that means suffering with those who suffer and doing whatever we can to minister to them. For me, that means we share much more than the gospel message but I think far too many just stop at sharing the gospel thinking they have done enough. I will add you to the prayers I offer regarding employment for my friends.

May 01, 2009 12:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home