LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Thursday, December 29, 2005

GOD'S LOVE IN CHRIST

"As I live' says the Lord God,'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?"

A loving God calling out to rebellious ancient Israel. From this verse we can gain so much insight into the Heart of Almighty God. Truely God desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. He hates sin and its consequences upon the human race. His desire is that lost men and women would look unto Him and be saved. He is the One Who said:" There is no other God besides Me , A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me". He pleads with the lost to "Turn,turn from your evil way!" You can sense the love and compassion of His Heart in the question, " For why should you die, O house of Israel?". Indeed, God IS love. He is not willing that any should perish,but that all would come to repentance.

But,God's love cost Him dearly.

" For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son...". Yes, He gave that One with Whom He shared His glory before the world was. He sent that One Whom He loved before the foundation of the world. No human can fathom the width and length and depth and height of the Father's love for His Son. The Father sent that One Who was the very center and focus of His infinite love. He sent that One Who alone is the brightness of His glory and the express image of His Person. He sent that One Who alone loved Him enough to be able to say,"I have come to do thy will, O God".

Yes, God's love cost Him dearly.

Yes, What happened to the Son was pre-determined in eternity past.

Still, the Son must endure and the Father must watch. The Son has taken upon Himself the sins of a lost world. He is beaten with a whip, ripping flesh from His bones. He is punched in the face, so much so that He is no longer recognizable. They mock Him, spit at Him and pound a crown of thorns onto His head.(He is the One Through Whom the world was created). But, the truth be known, all of this, and the cross that lay ahead was the Father's doing. He was carrying out His plan of having His Son pay the price for the sins of mankind. His plan was carried out by the hands of wicked men. God,you see, was in complete control.

There, on the ground lay the assembled cross. One can imagine the Son, out of love for His Father, out of love for mankind, walking over to the cross unforced. That love motivates Him to lie down on that cross unassisted. No one need hold Him down as the nails are driven in. Then that cross, bearing the sinless, sin-bearing Son of God, is picked up and thrown into an awaiting post-hole. His body bounces back and forth while suspended from those nails.

There He hung, bearing our sins and the Father's wrath upon those sins. At one point the Son cries out, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me".  The Father, you see, had turned His head from the Son. Our sins are THAT ugly in His sight. Then, some time later, out of the Son's mouth come some wonderful words," It is finished". Yes, man's sins were now paid for. And now, with His sin-bearing mission complete, Jesus yields up His spirit. THE way to approach God was now open. He would then go on to spend three days and nights in the grave. Yes, Sunday was coming...

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"...John 3:16.

24 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

So true. The gift of God was purchased at a great and terrible price. Great post Mark.

December 29, 2005 6:08 PM

 
Blogger Antonio said...

Yes, very good post!

Have you considered your first Scripture quotation from Ezekiel 33 referring specifically to physical death? I believe it does.

Prospero ano y felicidad!

antonio

December 29, 2005 6:49 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

kc:Thanks for your visit. You are a blessing.

Antonio: I freely admit to not having half of your vocabulary. I do not know what "Prospero ano y felicidad! means. Does it mean I screwed-up again?

December 29, 2005 7:17 PM

 
Blogger Doug E. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 30, 2005 12:10 AM

 
Blogger Doug E. said...

Whew! I love to hear the gospel. I like what Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones once said, "when I hear the cross preached I feel like I'm being saved all over again.

Thanks for your words,

Doug

December 30, 2005 12:11 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Excellent post, Mark.

God Bless

December 30, 2005 3:59 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Tough decision: comments or chicken-scratch comments or chicken-scratch....comments WIN :~0

December 30, 2005 11:19 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Besides that, I was just messn' with Atonio...Sorry I didn't do the :~) thanggg

December 30, 2005 12:31 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Matthew: I've been checking out your comments on John Cole's recent post. While I do not agree with you I find your ideas provocative. Interesting logic. Are you alone in your place of worship with these thoughts?

Doug e: I admire your ministry on your blog. Thanks for coming by.

December 30, 2005 12:39 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

"Three days later He rose again."

Therein lies the seal of it all.

Good post!

December 30, 2005 3:09 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

As far as I know, nobody else in my congregation believes as I do about the Church. Maybe I should go to the tiny Open Brethren assembly, but I have my reasons for worshipping where I do.

God Bless

Matthew

December 30, 2005 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

great post

December 31, 2005 10:43 AM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

I should have written extremely good post. This one is very good.

Have you considered evangelism blogging with the Hindus and defending Christ there. I do this on occasion as they talk about Christ so much.

I got the idea from when John MacArthur was on the CNN show. There was a hindu guy name Chopra who has a site called

http://www.intentblog.com/

and I checked it out and began looking for opportunities to share Christ as Hindu's talk about Christ so much in their daily conversations.

I think they would benefit from you discussions. It makes me want to be a missionary.

December 31, 2005 11:07 AM

 
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Mark,

I have been to India 2 times and, the Lord willing, will be returning there in October of 2006. What part did you go to?

Antonio

December 31, 2005 12:17 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Antonio:Greatings. It was in the state of Andrah Pradesh. The city of Tenali near the Bay of Bengal on a canal off the Krishna River,way off the Krishna River. Tenali, pop.2 million, isn't large enough to be on many maps.

That was in 1984.Did you also "travel" via their train and bus system? Wall to wall people. What about toilets and toilet paper. I can't bend my left knee, so I'll leave the rest of my bathroom experiences to your imagination. :~)

How about you? Where is your center of ministry over there?

December 31, 2005 1:44 PM

 
Blogger Antonio said...

I have been to Calcutta, Imphal, Mombai, and Hyderabad.

Yeah toilets. That's why you dont ever shake with your left hand! (And use lots of purell!)

I had private transportation, but I saw the buses: sardines in a can, no? And the smog, and the cows in the highways, and the incessant honking.

(But the beautiful things I saw. I spent 10 days in a village 3 hours from civilization)

Lord willing, I will be returning to Imphal, Manipur (Far North Eastern Part of India) in October for 12 days of evangelism with an Indian church planting ministry.

My heart is for India. Lord willing, I wish to become a full-time missionary there.

Antonio

December 31, 2005 7:14 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Antonio,
One of the more fascinating parts of the trip was when they fetched a 5 gal. (litre?) bucket of water and wanted Pastor and myself to share it for our "shower". I prided myself for only using a 3rd of the bucket. The "shower room" came complete with a cock-roach running on the floor the size of my Yorkie Terrier. And the geckos on the wall-made me feel at home because I used to have a pet gecko.

One night, while pastor was speaking, and I was waiting my turn to speak, I watched as right behind him on the floor a swarm of ants attacked and killed a large beatle. Before he was done speaking the ants had made short work of that beatle.

Also had some strange encounters with demoniacs. Unbelievable strength they have.

Have a happy New Year!
Mark

December 31, 2005 7:58 PM

 
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Great post. God's love and grace is just so amazing.

Happy New Year to you Mark.

January 02, 2006 9:31 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Sister Kitty: Thank you for stopping by. I love your New year resolutions. Just remeber, The Holy Spirit is the One Who does the work inside your heart. Judging by your blog, He has done a mighty work already. I shall treasure your blog fellowship this new year.

Brother Mark

January 02, 2006 10:15 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, Mark!

Beautiful meditation on the Lord and the sacrifice He made.

Warmly,

Jodie

January 02, 2006 10:09 PM

 
Blogger Kc said...

Mark I pray the light is bright again. My heart goes out to you and I will keep you in my prayers.

January 03, 2006 3:48 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

Mark,

Praying for you and thinking of you tonight

January 03, 2006 6:06 PM

 
Blogger forgiven said...

Amen Brother

Great Post

Steak ....rare

January 06, 2006 9:12 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Steak, Yeah!

January 06, 2006 10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home