LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Thursday, January 11, 2007

All Praise to God

Revelation 1:5-6 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

" Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen."

What a set of verses to meditate on. Consider here the love of God in Christ towards us. " He loves us and has freed us from our sins by His blood"... But it doesn't stop there, although it could have. It goes on "6and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—" He has made us a kingdom and priests to serve His Father. Might I say here that is what the salvation experience is all about, being brought into a relationship with the Father, one of obedience.

God the Father went into a rebellious and hostile human race to take out for Himself a people to serve Him as priests, a people to be in His Kingdom, under His rule, who would honor and obey His Word in their lives. God the Holy Spirit set those very people, whom the Father had chosen, apart from the world, and unto the sprinkling blood of Christ for the cleansing from sin and into a relationship of obedience to the Father. As God the Father would have it He has spoken in these last days through His Son, and we obey Him as we obey all that His Son has taught (the Law of Christ).

God reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ. He brought us into a relationship with Himself. We were once hostile to Him and His Word. No more. Thanks to the work of Christ on the cross. As Peter said to his Jewish audience, a message that all the world has reason to rejoice for "Acts 3:25-26 (New International Version)

25And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, 'Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.'[a] 26When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

"Turning each of you from your wicked ways". Paul sums it up well, "And having been set free from sin, you became slaves o f righteousness". Romans 6:18. Folks that is what eternal life looks like, its recipients are slaves of righteousness, not perfect mind you, but headed in the right direction.

And now dear reader, have you come into a relationship with the Father through His Son? His Son suffered and died for sin. His blood is the only sacrifice for sin. Christ died to pay for sin with His blood. He rose again three days later, a testimony to the world that the Father accepted His sacrifice. Do you believe this? Then His command to you is to repent, meaning to turn from your selfish, self-seeking life style, and surrender to His rule in your life. Christ died to set you free from sin's penalty and dominion to be a servant of the Father. And we shall be with Him forever.

10 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

Please rememberto pray for Jazzycat's wife who goes into surgery January 15.

Please also remember Cristina's parents, her dad who is ill, and her mom who is his caretaker. Pray for their salvation.

Pray also for Gayla's father-in-law, who may have cancer...God be merciful. May the glory of Christ be seen in these situations. Amen.

January 11, 2007 8:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mornin' Mark~

Thank you for mentioning my FIL. He had a biopsy on Monday, with results to follow this coming Monday.

I guess I missed that Wayne's wife was undergoing surgery. Thanks for the heads up.

Great post. Thank you for putting forth the gospel call. For the life of me, I do not understand why those of the Arminian persuasion INSIST that reformed theology dismisses evangelism. We are commanded to do so. And honestly, since God changed my heart, I find it actually EASIER to talk to people about Christ than I ever did before. And it's mainly b/c I know it's not about me desperately trying to get someone to "make a decision" for Christ. I know that God enables me to do my part in HIS process of drawing someone to Himself. Maybe I'm at the beginning of that process, maybe somewhere in the middle or whatever. It is He and only He who produces results.

Have a great day, my friend!

January 11, 2007 10:24 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Mark,
Thanks for remembering my wife. Great point. He freed us from sin and enabled us to willingly serve him as a royal priesthood, a kingdom of believers. These truths will prevail in spite of the assault on gospel truth that we see today.

Hello Gala. I will keep your parents in my prayers...

January 11, 2007 4:07 PM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Hi Mark,
Thankyou for mentioning my parents. I will lift Jazz's wife, your dad and Gayle Father-in-law inprayer. It means a lot to me. Great Post. The gospel so simple, yet without Christ drawing us, we can not understand it.

Cristina

January 11, 2007 5:38 PM

 
Blogger Even So... said...

Amen....and prayers going up...

BTW, Blue, I linked you and Jazzy...

January 11, 2007 6:48 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

JD - I am honored that you linked me. I have done the same

January 12, 2007 8:22 AM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

AaaaaaaaMEN!

January 12, 2007 1:06 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

craverll - Thanks for the visit

January 12, 2007 1:22 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Off topic now: About an hour ago I deleted a comment from somebody who evidently thought I was on steroids. I am not, and never was. I have NEVER taken steroids, never!

They signed off by saying "Warmly". Yeah, right.

There are 2 people I know of who sign off thusly, and both are hostile to my theology. If you have something to say to me don't do so anonymously.

January 12, 2007 1:31 PM

 
Blogger jel said...

Hi Mark, sorry I haven't been around, and I will say aprayer each of these people!

January 12, 2007 2:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home