LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Over In An Instant

I just got some sad but expected news this morning: My boss's daughter died from her injuries sustained in a terrible car accident this past Saturday night. She was just 18 years old - the same as my son. In fact they both graduated highschool at the same time almost exactly one year ago. She was a freshman in college this year. I saw pictures of the car yesterday. There was almost nothing left of it. I can't imagine what my boss and his family are going through...

7 Comments:

Blogger jazzycat said...

Very sad. My prayers go out to them.

June 17, 2009 6:29 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Thanks, Wayne.

She was texting while driving on an high-speed expressway and crossed over into traffic going the opposite way. Horrible. Just horrible.

June 18, 2009 7:17 AM

 
Blogger David Bell said...

Mark, do you know if she was a believer? How about her family?

David

June 20, 2009 4:10 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

David,
I do not know if she was a believer. Her father is not, and that is all I do know. Thanks for asking. Please pray.

Mark

June 20, 2009 5:07 PM

 
Blogger David Bell said...

Certainly.

June 20, 2009 11:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's terrible, I'll be praying for her family; I hope she knew the Lord (life is but a vapor).

Bobby Grow

June 21, 2009 3:08 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Bobby,

Good to see you!

I just got back from the funeral parlor. It was a closed coffin. They had all of her artwork there. They had many of her pictures from highschool sports there. She was a very gifted artist and athlete; and a very beautiful girl.

June 21, 2009 7:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home