LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Monday, February 06, 2006

MORE SPURGEON

Oh, my brothers and sisters in Christ,
if sinners will be damned, at least
let them leap to hell over our bodies.

And if they will perish, let them perish with our
arms about their knees, imploring them to stop,
and not madly to destroy themselves.

If hell must be filled, at least let it be
filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let
not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.

From Spurgeon's sermon, "The Wailing of Risca"

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Spurgeon was a right fair country preacher, don't you think?

February 06, 2006 3:37 PM

 
Blogger Gordon said...

"God, help me to preach as a dying man to dying people." I can't remember who said that but it sure is true.

February 06, 2006 4:01 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

Spurgeon is a great pastor.

Passion for the lost, passionate for God's Word, and a passionate man of prayer. I learn alot from reading Spurgeon's prayers as well.

I think all of us could learn alot from Spurgeon. I especially am praying to learn to be a man who shares Christ with more of those who don't know Christ. Many times I just admit I am afraid or think I will goof up and other times I am not and rely upon His Word. I pray we wouldn't be discouraged but continue to share Christ and look for more and more opportunities.

February 06, 2006 8:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Very helpful 'tude. ;)

February 06, 2006 9:00 PM

 
Blogger Kc said...

Great quote Mark. May God bless us all to be mindful of the lost around us.

February 07, 2006 12:10 PM

 
Blogger forgiven said...

HI Mark

Spurgeon's Writings are liked by are All


Thanks Buddy

February 08, 2006 10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home