LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Friday, February 23, 2007

Well, I've taken the plunge and went Beta.

Books I have enjoyed these past few months:

C.H.SPURGEON Autobiography: Volumes 1&2 (second time through)

SPURGEON: A New Biography by ARNOLD DALLIMORE (second time through)

THE FORGOTTEN SPURGEON by Iain Murray

ALL OF GRACE by Spurgeon

Books I am working through:

EVANGELICALISM DEVIDED by Iain Murray

I am in the home stretch of completing Wayne Grudem's SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY

Spurgeon's LECTURES TO MY STUDENTS

I have on order from CBD Charles Hodge's SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY

I have just received Justo Gonzalez' CHRISTIAN HISTORY

Lots of good reading

12 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

beta, phew

February 23, 2007 11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

may have said this before , but i mean this, Thank you for getting me hooked on Spurgeon!


Have a blessed weekend Mark

February 23, 2007 1:32 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

You too, Janice!

February 23, 2007 1:39 PM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

This may be a tough question, but if you were only allowed to recommend ONE of the above books, which would you pick? Barring a bed-confining catastrophe, I don't think I would be able to squeeze another book in soon, but I'm still curious.

February 23, 2007 2:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is heavy duty suff, Mark, heavy duty. :)

Thanks for going beta, too! Much easier.

February 23, 2007 4:35 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Beta, phew, indeed! It is smooth, but it takes extra steps to accomplish stuff.

February 23, 2007 5:41 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Mark,
That looks like a good list of books. Did you like Wayne Grudem's SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY?
Wayne

February 23, 2007 10:58 PM

 
Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

I'm willing to bet he'll say Spurgeon's Autobiography in two volumes!

Dave

February 24, 2007 12:06 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Craver - Go with the Spurgeon biography.

Gayla!!!!!!!!

Hi Joe!!!

Wayne - I loved his systematic!

February 24, 2007 12:07 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Dave- You already know me so well!

February 24, 2007 12:08 AM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Hi Mark,

Here is a good book you might enjoy.
Spurgeon's Gold bye Ray Comfort.

Very good reading.

Cristina

February 24, 2007 7:02 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Cristina - I have that one. Thanks for the suggestion.

February 24, 2007 8:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home