LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Monday, March 10, 2008

How Well Are You Known In Hell

In my bible and devotional readings today, I came across the following passage:

When Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, heard [of it], it grieved them exceedingly that there was come a man to seek the welfare of the children of Israel. (KJV)

But when Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah, the Ammonite servant, heard this, it displeased them greatly that someone had come to seek the welfare of the people of Israel. (ESV)


In this verse we are told that when Sanballat, the governor of Samaria and Tobiah his associated heard that Nehemiah was on his way to Jerusalem they were extremely displeased. Some versions say angry. These two choice pawns of Satan cast a long dark shadow over this wonderful story. These two men, were men of power and influence who opposed the work of God and tried their best to outwit and outmanuever Nehemiah in everything he did. Sanballat and Tobiah knew perfectly well what Nehemiah was after - this man of God wanted to restore the Holy City. Being enemies of God they focused all their Satanic hatred not only on the Lord but on His servants too. That includes you and me too if we are serving Jesus.

We can learn from our past and Christian history that whenever any work of God says, "Arise and build" Satan and his imps respond, "Let us arise and stop this." There were about 50,000 jews that were living in Judah but there appeared to be little concern among them about the state of Jerusalem's walls and the ruined testimony of the faith of the nation Israel. However once Satan found out that thee was one man named Nehemiah who was prepared to sacrifice all and serve God by re-building the walls, then WAR was declared in heaven. Here's a good thought to go with today. No battle can start anywhere in the spiritual sense until somebody decides to stand up, pick up the sword, shovel or trowel and challeng the things that need challenging.

I wonder how much overtime has Satan's demons punched on the time clock because of my willingness and your willingness to stand up and do something for God. And if I can put it another way, "HOW WELL KNOWN ARE YOU IN HELL?" One thing is for sure - when you do stand up and raise your banner for God and are counted as citizens of the kingdom with a desire to see the Lord's church grown, then Satan will throw all his weight against you.

My wife, Baptist Girl aka Honey or Cristina and I often state and know personally that when we truly desire to get closer to God and walk that "highway of holiness" and truly seek to serve Jesus, that, if I may say it, "all hell breaks loose." It seems that the devil will do all to get our eyes off of God. So here's my suggestion for you today. If you don't want a spiritual battle like this, then don't stand up, don't pick up the sword, don't pick up the shovel, dont pick up the trowel. Just stay seated on the sidelines. The devil loves sitting Christians. He hates it when we take a stand for Jesus. Raise your banner today. Let the demons see your flag, and be prepared to do battle as you build your walls.

Resting in Him

9 Comments:

Blogger jazzycat said...

James,
Very good and point well taken.

March 10, 2008 4:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good post.

I know that at times when my life is comfortable and easy, I often am stopped in my tracks to take a look and wonder, wait a minute - things shouldn't be this easy. I wonder in those times if I'm not actively on the watchtower.

Then again, I have to remind myself during times of trial that they are good and we must rejoice in them - for they work in us endurance and steadfastness.

March 10, 2008 5:26 PM

 
Blogger donsands said...

I hope hell knows me well. But I hope they hate me.

I suppose there are times when the devil has schemed subtly enough to influence me to do his will, but I thank the Lord for the Church, and for keeping me in His Church, and within His blessings and grace, and under His shepherds and righteous servants.

When I wander outside of the Body of Christ, it's then that the powers unseen don't really worry about you.

In the Church, and serving Christ, you can expect spiritual battles to be intense at times. Especially within the leaders, elders, and pastors.

Nice post. Some good meat to chew on.

March 10, 2008 10:32 PM

 
Blogger Viking Warrior said...

Within the leaders of countries too.

March 11, 2008 12:08 PM

 
Blogger Marcian said...

I agree with you Susan. It is those times of trial where we must rejoice. We serve a GOOD God. He is so good that we can actively confront the sin and wickedness around us and in our own lives, and can trust that He is our shield and our rock, our defender and our salvation. He will guard our steps as we walk the treacherous ground toward our eternal Home. But we have confidence that we can indeed WALK THEM!!!

March 11, 2008 3:04 PM

 
Blogger Maalie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 12, 2008 4:32 AM

 
Blogger Susan said...

A good reminder to us all.
Susan

March 12, 2008 10:28 AM

 
Blogger simon said...

i hope no one hates me don sands- that word is vile.

March 15, 2008 5:35 PM

 
Blogger simon said...

did jesus hate those who crucified him?

Did he hope they hated him??

Seems an odd statement to me. Sorry.

March 15, 2008 5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home