LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Friday, March 14, 2008

Part of the Contrite Heart

Living for Him, selfless, submissive, and surrendered. Thankful for His promises, thankful that He "the only Wise God" is in control. Thankful that He "who calls the beginning from the ending" the One whose thoughts and ways are higher than ours "as high as the heavens are above the earth" is in control of everything that comes our way. Thankful that we don't have to rely on our own faulty, frail and very mortal wisdom to guide us through life. Thankful that the very most beautiful destiny in all of creation is ours - that of being conformed into the Image of God's Beloved Son, and becoming like Him when we see Him face to face as He comes to take us home to be with Him for all eternity.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation;
Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
O Lord, open my lips,
That my mouth may declare Your praise.
For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it;
You are not pleased with burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

Sometimes God has to break us like He did David. We all struggle with the flesh. I sometimes wonder if we mourn enough for the sin in our lives? Thank you for this post Mark.

Cristina

March 14, 2008 10:56 PM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Maalie,
One day you will bow down to the True God and you will not laugh
then,I pray the Lord takes the blinders off and you can see this truth one day.

Ezekiel 36:26-27 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Then and only then will you realize that there is but one God and He sure is not Zeus!

Cristina

March 15, 2008 8:10 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Mark,
Good point. Thankfulness does flow from Chrisitans as well as a contrite heart...

March 15, 2008 9:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankful that the very most beautiful destiny in all of creation is ours - that of being conformed into the Image of God's Beloved Son, and becoming like Him when we see Him face to face as He comes to take us home to be with Him for all eternity.

This is still the most amazing and beautiful thing that simply boggles the mind and heart.

March 15, 2008 7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home