LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Monday, December 08, 2008

Here cometh the snow

Yep, it's manhood season again. Once again I shall elect to keep the snowblower in the shed in favor of shoveling. I love putting this near 52 year old body through its paces.

Let it snow, baby!

While other younger men are out with their snow removal machinary I'll just do it the old fashioned way.

For those of you who think I'm one of those uncultured oaf's who goes about while dragging his knuckles upon the ground... well, you're right! (belch!)

9 Comments:

Blogger jazzycat said...

Snow???? Hmmm, oh yeah I saw some a few years ago. However, since it appears the world may be entering a cooling cycle, I believe I will see some this year. It has been cooler than normal in Mississippi all year.

December 08, 2008 8:16 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Cooling cycle??? No, no, we aren't talking about non-Calvinism in this particular post. ;-)

December 08, 2008 8:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope we get a little (or even a lot) of snow this winter. It's such a treat for us southerners. :)

Did you happen to listen to the Theology Talk links I provided in my post? I'd love your thoughts on the series, although I can probably guess what you'd say. I'm thinking it would be a good link for over here at BC. Good stuff.

December 08, 2008 2:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I gave you a little reply to your comment at my blog...

December 08, 2008 2:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing...I'm listening right now to his (Jim McClarty's) sermon series on Romans. Also good stuff.

December 08, 2008 2:44 PM

 
Blogger Maalie said...

Good for you Mark, keep the carbon footprint down!

We have also had a colder December than usual in England,

Of course, unpredictable weather phenomena like this are exactly what the global warming models predict. We shouldn't confuse mean annual global temperatures with local weather.

Stay warm!

Jim

December 09, 2008 8:48 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

My only interest in keeping my carbon footprint down is to save money. It certainly is not out of guilt for the man made global warming hoax........

Propaganda has really worked well with that folly!

December 09, 2008 4:06 PM

 
Blogger Maalie said...

> Propaganda has really worked well with that folly!

It really amuses me that you think you know better than the world's senior climatologists (including many from your own country, as well as mine).

But I agree with you that it is a matter of enlightened self-interest to reduce energy consumption.

December 10, 2008 9:21 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Actually Jim, if you follow my train of thought within the post you'll notice that my decission to "go manual" was one of "putting my near 52 year old body through its paces". Nowhere are environmental issues mentioned; Nore are they even part of the consideration in my mind.

December 10, 2008 11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home