LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Some thoughts

After the expeiences of a decade ago the Lord has placed me in a machine-tool shop. Our core business is the manufacture of geer generators and geers themselves.

As an aside I will mention that there was yet one more layoff in my life since the one mentioned two posts ago. It too lasted about two months, and took place a mere nine months after the first one. The irony is that, well, remember I mentioned the HR representative, Alicia, who collected my badge from me? She went on to greener pastures. Good for her! But guess what - I was there, as an employee, to celebrate her going away party. As it happens there was a lens grinding operation still in the building. There was an opening. Alicia called me on the phone to tell me that the job was mine. You see my reputation as a model employee went on before me, the boses having been over me before. The job was mine even without an interview. Alicia went on to tell me that there was a catch, though - the whole division was up for sale and the new owners could take the whole operation over to Italy with them. I told Alicia that I needed the job, no matter what. Yep, two months after the sale went through; and after promises from the new owners that our jobs were safe for at least two years, there went my job, Italy bound. So much for all those promises.

Can you say "layoff, part two"?

As I said at the outset in this post I work for a geer generator and geer manufacturing company. Hmm, don't geers play an important role in cars???

The Lord is in control of this too.

I share these things because I know that many of my brothers and sisters in Christ are going thru these same things. I am here to pray with you and to encourage you. We're in this together. But, more importantly, He will never leave us or forake us!

In this together with you,
Mark

5 Comments:

Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

November 27, 2008 3:26 AM

 
Blogger Maalie said...

And from me!

November 27, 2008 10:24 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Thank you, Jill

Thank you, Jim

November 27, 2008 11:11 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Mark, I am sorry to hear about your job situation. I will be praying for you.

December 01, 2008 4:26 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Thank you, Matthew.

December 01, 2008 6:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home