LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.
~Psalm 139:16

If Mark is like me, this is one verse that has sustained me throughout this last year when my mother died one year ago tomorrow, March 14. Mark's mother died two years ago today, March 13. We rest in knowing that God is sovereign, and it is He alone who ordains our days. He alone is the Author of life and death. We don't take one breath that God has not commanded we do so. Not to sound like a surfer dude, but that is AWESOME!

Mark, may God comfort you today and give you grace.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

will be thinking of ya both, and saying a prayer too!

blessings

March 13, 2007 2:56 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Gayla, bless you, my dear friend!

March 13, 2007 11:47 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

May the Lord be your strength tomorrow. May he show your heart that He is the God of all comfort.

March 13, 2007 11:48 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Gayla,
That was certainly a great post of remembrance for our loved ones. I still miss my Mother who has been gone for 16 years now.
Wayne

March 14, 2007 9:05 AM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

(There was no picture, just a blank box.)

My wife's parents have both gone on. I wonder, do you find it helpful to do any special kind of memorial?

Mrs Craver's dad used to treat us to a certain kind of bread from the bakery when he visited. To this day, our family calls it "Grandpa's bread." We honor his memory each of the few times that we have bought that since his passing.

March 14, 2007 12:49 PM

 
Blogger Rose~ said...

May God comfort both Mark and Gayla. There must be something about early March. (My father passed March 2)

March 15, 2007 9:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Rose, I'm sorry for your loss as well. May be something about March - my precious step-dad died on March 10, 2003.

Craver, the picture is of some pretty pink flowers, don't know what kind.

Both my parents are gone as well. Daddy died 10/3/01. So it's very strange to be 'orphaned' and to be in the role of the 'elder' now.

You know I anticipated the day (read: dreaded) and fretted over its impending arrival so much, that I was quite calm about it once it got here. Plus I'm pretty good at pushing back the emotions and tears that come when I really think about my mom.

We didn't do any sort of 'memorial.' I didn't even go to the cemetery, as it is WAY across the DFW metroplex from where I live. It's difficult to go to the cemetery, actually.

I think it's so sweet and honorable to have given your bread a 'name.' :) It's important to keep their memories alive and remember them for the things they did. My mom was my son's BIGGEST fan of his art. I wish she were here to see what a gifted artist he's become.

OK, this is the long and winding comment. See? Things just flow when you least expect it...

March 15, 2007 11:43 AM

 
Blogger Rose~ said...

March 2, 1979, that is.

March 17, 2007 8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home