LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Me and Jazzycat


Seven things about Wayne.......

1. God has blessed me tremendously my entire life. I am continually amazed at how good things spiritually and temporally happen to me.

2. I was approximately 50 when God called me by his grace. There is no doubt in my mind that he sought me first with this grace when I was happy being an agnostic. When I look back at how my conversion played out, I am convinced it was very much a Calvinistic experience. I am a member at Brandon Presbyterian Church (PCA).

3. My relatively small high school did not have wrestling, but I played all the other sports. In football, I was a small but slow lineman. Basketball was my favorite and I played baseball and pole vaulted in track. An offensive tackle that also pole vaulted, go figure. I was average at best in any sport. I really feel deprived about not being a wrestler.

4. I was raised in the Jackson, Mississippi area and finished college at Miss. State Univ. in engineering.

5. While in the air force, I broke the sound barrier while solo in a T-38 over central Oklahoma. I hope the statue of limitations has run out on that since we weren’t supposed to do that due to farmers complaining that the boom upset their livestock. However, I had a compulsion.

6. Jazzycat can play me like a fiddle to get what she wants.

7. I love my wife and she has learned well from Jazzycat. We swim at the Y and I try not to even look at those people lifting weights. It makes me tired just thinking about it. We love to take photography trips and one of our projects was to photograph all 92 courthouses in Mississippi and and publish it on our home computer.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Wayne, thanks for the picture! That is so great.

And thank you for sharing with us. Broke the sound barrier, huh? Fascinating.

I got back in town Monday afternoon, so I haven't been online until now. I'm at work, so there's some catching up to do. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read everyone's meme later today.

May 08, 2007 9:47 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Thanks Gayla,
I would like to request that Gayla and Doug go ahead and bring theirs over Bluecollar and they will all be together. Don't be concerned with leaving mine up for any amount of time. The sooner it gets pushed down, the happier I will be.
wayne

May 08, 2007 9:49 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Is this a blogdom first, Wayne's face in a picture... On bluecollar... on bluecollar... I'm beside myself! An historic first... right here on bluecollar...bluecollar blog, historic photo's... a blogdom first!.... Uhhhh...

May 08, 2007 10:00 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

... I, I, I think I'm gonna faint...

May 08, 2007 10:02 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Thanks Mark,
I think I have revealed too much. I did pick an 8 year old photo when I was younger. Now, if I could just learn to wrestle and lift more weight than my fork......

May 08, 2007 10:39 AM

 
Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Wayne,

What's with, "I had a compulsion?" Don't you know you're supposed to say, "I feel the need for speed?" (Top Gun)

All 92 courthouses? So would that include all the courthouses from John Grisham's novels? I'm jealous!

Dave

May 08, 2007 3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An eight-year-old photo?
What?
Jazzycat looks older now?
Wayne, it is so great to put a face to a name. Great photo!
(The photo I chose is about as old as well, and I chose a photo that's pretty small. Some day I'll put up a real shot.)
Gayla, I wanna see you too! And Cristina.
Maybe "bluecollar" can all have a reunion some day. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Actually, I guess it will be a union rather than re-, since none of us has actually met any of the others - have any of us?

May 08, 2007 3:34 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Wayne, I am disappointed.

I imagined you having a big moustache. Can you not grow one please?

May 08, 2007 4:08 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Woooo! Breakin' the sound barrier! THAT'S impressive! I would have loved to have heard that boom!

Is your testimony posted anywhere on your site? I'd love to read it if you've written it.

May 08, 2007 5:26 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Dave,
The movie “A time to kill” was filmed in Canton (Madison Co.). I am not familiar with the others he wrote about, but I have them all. Most of the scenic ones are in north Mississippi. Unfortunately 600 mph cannot be visually preceived at altitude. However, it would be quite awesome at 200 feet or so.

Susan,
I am looking forward to that up to date photo.

Matthew,
When my class became the senior class in pilot training, I was the only one who bucked tradition and did not grow a mustache. I think they look fine on some people, but I was never interested in having one. I guess I was a bit of a non-conformist and still am except for my desire to submit to Scripture.

May 08, 2007 5:43 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Dawn,
No the testimony is not posted. I am still trying to achieve a comfort level with revealing information about myself on the internet.

I have really broken new ground with this post due to my great respect for my Bluecollar teammates.

May 08, 2007 6:03 PM

 
Blogger Craver Vii said...

That’s fine, I can appreciate your desire to have some privacy, especially with all the strange things people do these days. I won’t go ring your door uninvited. Look out your window… that’s me waving. But I totally respect your privacy, dude. I hope you don’t mind that I took the liberty of rearranging your patio furniture. It’s better now isn’t it? I’m your number one fan… (cue scary music)

But now that your picture has gone up, we know what to look for when we drive through your state. ;-)

May 08, 2007 6:16 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Craver,
You just set me back 2 years. I knew I should have done a little photoshop magic on my photo before putting it on here. BTW, did my 112 pound german sheppard guard dog Chief happen to notice you rearranging the patio furniture?

May 08, 2007 8:37 PM

 
Blogger Rose~ said...

My life is complete now. I have seen what Wayne looks like. ;~)

The revealtion of "Jazzycat" has been gradual, but there it is.

Wayne, you look like such a nice man.

Is this the same Jazzycat or is it an older verson?

May 09, 2007 9:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have really broken new ground with this post due to my great respect for my Bluecollar teammates."

Wayne, thank you. A double thank you since it was not an easy thing for you to do.

May 09, 2007 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Scribe said...

6. Jazzycat can play me like a fiddle to get what she wants

Nah, I would have never known... ;)

(smirks)

May 09, 2007 6:51 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Thanks everyone. Rose, Jazzy and I were much younger (8 years) in that photo. Scribe, I guess my affection for that cat shows, eh.

May 09, 2007 11:21 PM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Hi Wayne,
You broke the sound barrier WOW!
Being an Air Force brat, I've heard that sound before. I have enjoyed getting to know a bit about you and your family.

Cristina

May 10, 2007 8:40 PM

 
Blogger Gojira said...

Wayne,

"5. While in the air force, I broke the sound barrier ... I had a compulsion"

I'd say that pretty much beats wrestling hands down!

May 10, 2007 10:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home