LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Something I Wrote In April of 2000

"He knows the number of hairs on our head. He, in His Providence, controls all the comings and goings of our lives. Not one trial or experience comes at us without His approval and permission. He, not we, is in control. Nothing catches Him by surprise. Nothing gets by Him. Regardless of our deceptive feelings, everything is in His control - He has the reigns of every trial and tribulation. We can console ourselves with this truth."

During these dark times it is hard to believe the above came from my own pen.

Lord, how long?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger jazzycat said...

Mark,
My prayers are with you brother. We can take comfort in God's providence......

March 18, 2008 11:15 AM

 
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Mark,
Good words to think on and take comfort in.
Psa. 62:8 Trust in him at all times; [ye] people, pour out your heart before him: God [is] a refuge for us. Selah.

Cristina

March 18, 2008 12:06 PM

 
Blogger Mary said...

""Not one trial or experience comes at us without His approval and permission...""

I can amen that! Mark, I see something is going on with your son. So sorry and I pray God's blessings and peace for you at this time. I try really hard through "Holy Week" to be extra aware of what God's done for me - as a mother it just pierces my very soul to think of what it took for the Father to turn away from His Son on that weekend some two thousand years ago. Yet turn away He did for me and you. It's so hard as parents to watch our children go through pain and hard times and our instinct as the completely hopeless, corrupt human beings that we are is to somehow protect and save our children. How much more the Father loved us and He watched while His Son was tortured. Anyway - we can completely agree God is on His throne and in complete control.

March 18, 2008 12:14 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Wayne, Cristina - thanks

Mary, you blessed me with your visit. Thank you.

March 18, 2008 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Even So... said...

Wow, Mark, I sure don't want to just dismiss this with some platitude, and in no way do I want to sound patronzing or self serving, but in all honesty, I think you might be big time comforted by listening to my sermon from this past Sunday, 3-16-08, "A Very Certain Call", you can find it from my home page under the profile box, as I am linked to the "sermon audio" site now. It starts out pretty standard, but friend, the application section, starting at 40 minutes in, is something I am sure will speak to you...I'll be praying as well, brother...

March 18, 2008 2:24 PM

 
Blogger donsands said...

He's a sovereign loving Father, and we have a Lord, who is a Friend, and who cares, and knows what we are going through, for He went through all we do, and of course with so much more intense pain, and yet He doesn't hold that over us, but simply loves us.
His grace is always sufficient, even in the deepest darkest hole of hurt.

May His Spirit comfort you, as only he can. Amen.

March 18, 2008 3:52 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

Every word you wrote in April 2000 is TRUTH!!!! I am glad you can go back and reflect on that TRUTH in the midst of whatever is going on now. Our current circumstances, pain, etc. does not alter TRUTH!!! I know all about walking in the fire of a son, too, and I have had to cling to TRUTH!!!
Susan

March 18, 2008 4:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home