LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Where's The Pause Button?

Ephesians 5:20 (King James Version)
20Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

I was watching William Shatner's new show, "Raw Nerve", the other day. On that show he interviews celebrities in much the same way Charlie Rose does. His guest the other day was Tim Allen, of " Tim the Toolman Taylor" fame. I love that guy. He is a rare talent.

Well, anyway the interview got around to Tim's bout with Alchoholism that he had back in the '90's. I admire Tim for his transparency. That stuff took some guts.

To the Point: While relating his story he told how he depended on alchohol to help him find "the pause button" in his very hectic life.

Hearing that gave ME some "Pause".

Life IS tough for all the saints throughout the world. Whether it be persecution or financial setbacks, layoff's, the rejection of loved ones because of the Gospel, wayward children, sick family members or even death of loved ones, pressure on the job where your next mistake could cost your company many thousands of dollars - like happened to me last June - or worse, a contract whereby your company loses a customer resulting in job lose at your place of occupation.

It's all there.

Don't you wish there was a "pause button" sometimes? I know I do.

But then there is that "little" something that I so often forget...H E I S I N C O T R O L!!!

Thanksgiving in the middle of a trial IS the "pause button".

Perhaps today will be another "trying" day.

Will I remember to hit "the Pause button"?

12 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

Too bad blogger won't let my spacing in "HE IS IN CONTROL" show up the way I wanted it to.

January 06, 2009 8:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Thanksgiving in the middle of a trial IS the "pause button"."

You know, Mark, this is a VERY good thought. And really, you don't even have to be in a trial, per se, to hit that thanksgiving pause button.

Good reminder to me to be doing just that.

January 06, 2009 9:38 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Even right now my dog that I love so much has begun limping...

January 06, 2009 10:53 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Indeed. Thanksgiving is always in order even during suffering. My wife, who is suffering with a bad case of shingles, gave thanks this morning and we reflected on how wonderful it was going to feel when this condition began to let up.

Mark, I know what you mean about your dog. All of my pets (Chief, Jazzy, and Cuffy) are 11 years old. Problems are developing with them all...........

January 06, 2009 12:43 PM

 
Blogger Daniel said...

Mark, you can add blank spaces using the following html code in place of a blank:

 

Thus:

He    
is    
in    
control

shows up as:

He    is    in    control.

January 06, 2009 3:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

I can relate to several of the items in your list, as can we all I expect.

And yet, in my life I know that when things are "good," I am less prone to press into God. It seems as though the trial is often the moments when I am most acutely aware of my need, even though it is always there.

He makes the storm His pathway.

Likewise, during happier, "busy" productive times, it is also then when I need most to pause, if only to be still and know...

January 06, 2009 7:46 PM

 
Blogger Rose~ said...

Mark,
This is a good post. Like I have said before, I think you are great at this kind of writing.

January 07, 2009 8:30 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Gayla,

it is good to hear Roger's operation went well!

January 07, 2009 10:52 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Wayne,
the dog I mentioned is also 11 years old.

You and Delores are part of my regular prayers.

January 07, 2009 10:54 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Daniel,
blog wisard, thanks! (although I do not understand anything you said...)

January 07, 2009 10:57 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Susan,
you and Bruce and Grace...and Hundly, are in my prayers.

January 07, 2009 10:58 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Rose,
you and John and Elliot, Charlotte, Simon and Levi - may the Lord Bless!

January 07, 2009 11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home