LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Church Plant

Today I attended service at a church plant that has spun off my church. I enjoyed my visit.

As it turns out John Reisinger has agreed to commit to two months as interim pastor to help this little congregation onto its feet. There are about 45 people involved.

Should I become part of this new work? I don't know. It IS closer to home. It WOULD give me an opportunity to sit under Reisinger for a while.

Hmmm.

5 Comments:

Blogger jazzycat said...

Mark,
I hope you will do it at least for the two months that Reisinger will be there. I will even say please do it so you can pass along what he has to say about New Covenant Theology.
wayne

December 28, 2008 9:29 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

That doeth sound like a good plan, Wayne.

Wayne, since I've recently learned the hard way not to waste time trying to interact with the Hodges System, how about we spend time on this blog exploring the New Covenant. Yes, it's time to move on; time to go forward. This would be a positive step. The best way to counter-act their efforts to promote that system is to put forth observations in the New Covenant.

December 28, 2008 9:59 PM

 
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

I would discuss this with my Pastor.

December 29, 2008 7:15 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

That's a given.

December 29, 2008 7:26 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Mark,
That sounds like a good plan. I would sure like to hear from Reformed Baptists on how their theology differs from the Westminster Confession of Faith (Presbyterian) brand....

Maybe Jeremy could comment as we develope New Covenant posts that depart from the Westminster.

Wayne

Wayne

December 29, 2008 9:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home