LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mark asks Alvin Some Questions

The following was taken from the comments thread at Rose's Reasonings, under the post "A Thoroughly Lordship Sermon". There I asked Alvin to answer two questions. Please tell me if you think that he answered them both - You can see the whole conversation here https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17149877&postID=1288987471223489190&isPopup=true

Mark Pierson said...
Alvin,I know I've said something similar to you before, but I'm gonna say it again - I admire your zeal for Christ, and to see souls saved!

Questions:
1) where did that zeal come from?

2) why don't all professing Christians have that same zeal that you have?
12/19/2008 6:01 PM

alvin said...
Hi RoseI couldn’t keep quite if I wanted to, I have such joy way down in my soul from knowing that all my sins have been paid for too knowing I will never thirst again based solely on Jesus promise! And I know He cannot lie! I have the GREATEST message in the world to share with a lost and dying world. That message is for each and every person that Jesus paid it ALL and that’s why He can offer the living water to anyone to take of freely! Paul was compelled by the love of God, and there is no greater power!!!!!As someone has stated on this thread 70% of evangelicals believe that it’s grace and works. And that takes the joy of your salvation away, for the joy of our salvation is our strength!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

I was leading Alvin into a theological trap. See if anybody picks up on it...

December 21, 2008 6:38 PM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

He certainly didn't answer your question!

December 21, 2008 7:28 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

If he had we would have seen the self initiative side of FGT.

December 21, 2008 9:41 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

It would have been a clear "I" or "me" scene. "If "I", or, it is up to "me" to do this or that, then God will...." It is man taking the initiative in the sanctification process. But what can I expect from the same group the says that man can believe in God though dead in trespasses and sins, and is by nature a child of wrath.

December 22, 2008 7:27 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

It is a defacto gutting of the regeneration experience no matter how much they protest that assessment.

December 22, 2008 7:30 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

that whole comments thread can be seen here...
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17149877&postID=1288987471223489190&isPopup=true

December 22, 2008 7:56 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

I guess I really want to know why Alvin is so on fire while he and his system teach that a "believer" can become carnal, or worse, become hostile to Christ. What is it that makes Alvin so different than the carnal christian? Why the fire in Alvin and the ice in the carnal one?

December 22, 2008 11:23 AM

 
Blogger jazzycat said...

Could it be a belief in a theology of the sovereignty of human decision? I chose Christ. I chose to be a disciple. I chose to be carnal and ignore Biblical exhortations to be a disciple. God woos, but man chooses. I, I, I, I..........

December 22, 2008 12:08 PM

 
Blogger Bhedr said...

Merry Christmas

December 25, 2008 12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home