LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Saturday, February 18, 2006

MY ROCK!

("Solitude Sweetened" by James Meikle, 1730-1799)

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my Savior,
my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield,
and the strength of my salvation, my stronghold!"
(Psalm 18:2)

Do rocks defend me from blasts, from whatever
quarter they blow? So does my Rock!

Is the blast from hell? Well, He has the keys of hell and of death!

Is it from sin? He is my righteousness!

Is it from Satan? He has conquered principalities and powers!

Is it from afflictions? He is my sympathizing and loving High Priest!

Is it from losses? He is my exceeding great reward!

Is it from crosses? He makes all things work together for good to His people!

Is it from anguish? He is my joy!

Is it from darkness? He is my Sun!

Is it from doubts? He is my Counselor!

Is it from deadness? He is my life!

Is it from enemies? He is my shield!

Is it from temptation? He is my deliverer!

Is it from false friends? He will never leave me, nor forsake me!

Is it from solitude or banishment? He is everywhere present!

Is it from disease? He is my healer!

Is it from death? He is the resurrection and the life!

O glorious refuge! O sure defense! O everlasting fortress!
Here do I defy the worst that earth and hell can do!

Henceforth will I live by faith, in the MAN who is . . .
my hiding place from the wind,
my shelter from the tempest,
my stream of water in a dry place,
my shadow of a great rock in a weary land--
until every blast has blown over, and not a threatening
cloud appears in my sky--until my heaven is beautified
with everlasting day, and every storm is swept from the
air which I breathe!

"And a MAN shall be as a hiding place from the wind,
and a shelter from the tempest, like streams of water
in a dry place, like the shadow of a great rock in a
weary land!" (Isaiah 32:2)

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Sorry about the deleted comment. I had a brain spasm in the middle of it.

My point was that I really liked that post and will steal it to use in my Sunday School class.

I'll tell them I got it from you, though.

February 18, 2006 7:29 PM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Joe,

Check out "Grace Gems" on the bottom of my blogroll. That is where I get these quotes from. They email them to me for free.

Do check it out

February 18, 2006 8:27 PM

 
Blogger Kc said...

I had just done a search on James Meikle and found Grace Gems before reading your comments. Next time I'll look before I leap! ;-)

Great quotes Mark.

February 18, 2006 8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home