LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Sunday, February 12, 2006

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Times have been tough at the Pierson house these past couple of weeks. There is still alot to work through. I know that some of you are going through tough times too.

It is my hope that you will find comfort in our Lord as you read the following from the "Prince of Preachers".


O blessed hurricane!

(Charles Spurgeon)

"Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep
Your word. It was good for me to be afflicted, so that
I could learn Your statutes." (Psalm 119:67, 71)

In seasons of severe trial, the Christian has nothing on
earth that he can trust to, and is therefore compelled to
cast himself on God alone. When no human deliverance
can avail, he must simply and entirely trust himself to
the providence and care of God. Happy storm that wrecks
a man on such a rock as this! O blessed hurricane that
drives the soul to God—and God alone!

When a man is so poor, so friendless, so helpless that he
has nowhere else to turn—he flies into his Father's arms,
and is blessedly clasped therein! When he is burdened with
troubles so pressing and so peculiar, that he cannot tell
them to any but his God, he may be thankful for them; for
he will learn more of his Lord then, than at any other time.

Oh, tempest-tossed believer, it is a happy trouble that
drives you to your Father!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

Amen! I hope every word here is made so real for you through your trials. I'm praying for you Brother Mark.

February 13, 2006 5:02 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Casey,

Amidst some personal painful setbacks I had to put down our 17 year old dog, also named Casey, this past Thursday. The Vet injected him and he died in my arms. My wife and daughter are still realing from it-very sad. It was my late brother's dog which I clamed as my own right after his death in 1999.

You are a good brother, and I thank you for your blog fellowship.

Mark

February 13, 2006 7:16 AM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

Psalm 34:4-8 "I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!"

February 13, 2006 10:13 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Shawn, kindred spirit: Thanks for the visit and verses.

Mark

February 13, 2006 10:51 AM

 
Blogger Gordon said...

Sorry to hear about your dog, Brother. I know we can certainly get attached to them.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
II Corinthians 12:9

February 13, 2006 2:25 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Mark

Jodie

February 13, 2006 9:46 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Thanks for posting those encouraging thoughts.

God Bless

Matthew

February 14, 2006 10:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home