LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

THE LOVELINESS OF CHRIST

Body of Christ,
It is my heart's desire to edify the entire body of Christ, Calvinist or noncalvinist. "For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Rom.10:13.

With that, more Spurgeon-



1. LOOK!
From Spurgeon's sermon, "Man's ruin and God's remedy"

"See him-- The hand that poises the world hangs on a nail.

See him-- The shoulders that supported the skies
are drooping over the cross.

Look at him-- The eyes whose glances light up the sun
are sealed in darkness.

Look at him-- The feet that trod the billows and that shaped
the spheres are nailed with rude iron to the accursed tree.

Go see his hands; they are weak, but in their
weakness they are stretched out to save you.

Come view his heart-- it is torn,
but in its cleft you may hide yourself.

Look at his eyes-- they are closing in death, but from them
comes the ray of light that shall kindle your dark spirit."

Folks, I can only hope that you are as blessed with Spurgeon as I am. I hope to make him a regular part of bluecollar.

Mark Pierson

4 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

This is an excellent verbal portrayal of our Lord on the cross. Spurgeon has some great thoughts. I really like reading that Pierson guy too. ;-)

February 16, 2006 5:51 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Spurgeon...the benchmark for many Christian pastors.

February 16, 2006 7:39 AM

 
Blogger mark pierson said...

Casey:That Pierson guy is working on his next post. Perhaps in a couple days I shall have it up. I just subscribed to this email place called "Grace Quotes". They email me these quotes and I put them on my blog. Cool stuff!

Joe: I could only wish to be able to edify the Body of Christ like Spurgeon could. So why not let him do so. So bluecollar says,"Heeere's Charles"

February 16, 2006 7:59 AM

 
Blogger forgiven said...

Hi Brother

I am Blessed
Thank you

February 16, 2006 1:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home