LOOKING TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP JESUS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. 18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

UTTER HELPLESSNESS

Among my favorite portions of scripture are these:

The parable in Luke 18:9-14- In it there are two men who went to the temple to pray. The one man, my hero, the one I like to pattern my life after, prayed like this:
"Standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his
breast, saying,'God, be meriful to me a sinner!" Jesus Himself said that this man went down to his house JUSTIFIED.

Secondly, there is the account of the criminal on the cross. Luke 23:39-43. In a short time he went from mocking the Savior to saying, ''Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." Jesus' response to that was: " Assuredly, I say to you, Today you will be with Me in Paradise".

Utter helplessness. That is how one is to come to Christ. We bring nothing to the table. We are incapable of doing any works that would merit salvation, or His pleasure.

Utter helplessness. Can I judge any man or woman, boy or girl who has come to the Savior in such a way?

Mark Pierson

6 Comments:

Blogger mark pierson said...

Here we go again! Blogger doesn't want to put my new post up again.

February 14, 2006 12:04 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Wonderful post, Mark.

February 14, 2006 1:06 PM

 
Blogger Gordon said...

Isn't it wonderful how God is drawn to our weakness?

Good post.

February 14, 2006 2:09 PM

 
Blogger Gordon said...

Isn't it wonderful how God is drawn to our weakness?

Good post.

February 14, 2006 2:09 PM

 
Blogger Kc said...

"Just as I am" came to mind when I read your article and I'm singing it now. ;-)

Another great post Mark, thanks.

February 14, 2006 6:42 PM

 
Blogger forgiven said...

Great Post Mark

Can we judge.....
I think we can go one more step, do we want to be judged..?

I think not!

Jesus has a work to complete in each one of us and until that happens....pray for one another.

Thanks Mark

PS. I have your steak , but I got hungry and ate it..sorry

February 15, 2006 8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home